What More Important To You?

Style v Going huge  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Style v Going huge

• Style
    • Going huge

In other peoples riding I look for style ... Thats what makes people stand out (example, @ the top Belaey >>>>> Hermance in my eyes just on style)

In my riding I would say going bigger is more important to me. I just ride - I dont concentrate on doing things smoothly - I concentrate on just doing them the best I can... If Ive learnt a new trick - I just want to do it bigger and better...

being creative is slightly different to style I would say - style is just something you have - everyone has there own that evolves over their riding career...

I know its a bit of a stupid question but I was just wondering what is more important to people in their riding, being able to go as big as possible or riding smaller things with style?

well not that i can do much any way but i would much rather have style than go big! Smooth is goooood!

You can't really separate them. If you want to ride with style you need to be able to send big objects, when you get onto smaller ones you can make it 'stylish or smooth' w/e. I see no point to go out and ride with the paramount on style. If I'm out, it's all about getting up! I don't care how smooth it is.

edit: manuals post sums it up.

edit2: style is for tamps.

Edited by will

It depends on what im doing, if im out riding street a like to see how big I can go but when im riding natty i like to see how smooth I can do sets of lines so I get best of both.

I think you can actively focus on riding smoother to be honest. I know that style is harder to adapt and get "better" but you can always tell yourself what smooth riding is. Its sounds a bit contradictory, i know, the only example I can give is, what looks smoother, sidehopping to front wheel, or both? Both looks better, so you tell yourself "Im not going to use the front wheel" and try that way

Going bigger is easier to do, that doesn't mean its easy though.

I've always found that when I push myself style goes out the window, my biggest gaps haven't exactly been like a butterfly landing on a flower!

I think I'm generally smoother and more stylish when I'm riding familiar lines or those which are within my boundaries.

So I have to say I'm with the minority here.. For me I'm always trying to push myself to achieve bigger better lines, and the style comes second.

Had the question been "Which do you prefer? Big gaps or smooth lines?" I would have answered differently.