Snow

Andy P

Well, we got about 5 inches here in mid devon. Rang up work, boss said to walk in (I'm about 2 miles away, up a big hill), had a snowball fight with some kids on the way and made it in without falling over to find my boss here and no one else. Fair enough... Then he's like 'i'm gonna head home, cheers for holding the fort' so I'm left here on my own on tf while I should be working.

Not too bad, got about an hours worth of work to do then I'll go home, and get a full days pay for it. Sweet.

Woke up to probably 2" of the stuff here, College is shut, and my opticians appointment was cancelled (by them, haha), so I've got the day off. woo.

It's still coming down hard though, and getting deeper pretty quick.

Edited by RobinJI

We've got atleast 6" here!

Rang up head office at work, told them I can't get out my village. Then my boss rings me moaning that he got in, but he doesn't undserstand that I live in a village surrounded by hills! So many cars were getting stuck and sliding back down.

Rang up head office at work, told them I can't get out my village. Then my boss rings me moaning that he got in

Lol, always makes me laugh with people saying that...fair enough if its geniune, as I drive past a guys house to get to work, and he said he couldn't make it today.

But people seem to believe the weather conditions and states of the roads are the same everywhere.

I see there are a million facebook groups moaning about the lack of grit on the roads - fantastic <_<

Lol, always makes me laugh with people saying that...fair enough if its geniune, as I drive past a guys house to get to work, and he said he couldn't make it today.

But people seem to believe the weather conditions and states of the roads are the same everywhere.

Nah I'm being genuine! I only just got home last night, after the Mini was basically a snow-plough... The got stuck 2 doors down my road, which isn't even that steep! Had to run and get a shovel to dig my way through. Now all my digging has snowed over again.

The steep hill on the exit to my village had cars stuck all the way up it, a diesel Vectra was sliding down as I walked by!