Best Rider From The 00s

LordMersey

What about Jack Meek for the 26" rider? Going by the fact he learnt the frontflip drop, and the hang-none, and the flair he was trying? Not to mention organizing the massive london ride.

How has he 'learnt' hang nothings? The video of him 'pulling' one wasn't actually him 'pulling' one at all. He didn't hop into it from the pedals, and he didn't go back to pedals. He just scooted along rolling along on his front wheel. Anyone could do that, and could get that distance if they practised it. However, that's not actually doing a hang nothing. Claiming that he can do hang nothings from that video is like saying I can 'pull' tailwhip hops because I can hop and kick the back end round. I can't get back to the pedals or ride away from it at all, so would you say I could 'pull' that? Of course you wouldn't, so how is that different? It amazes me that MBUK even ran a little feature on how he was the 'first' (which he wasn't, in that people like Fletcher Gillet were doing similar stuff years and years ago), when he hasn't even properly landed one yet.

I still just don't get why there's this much hype over Jack - I've not really seen anything amazing by him, certainly not enough to justify the month in, month out coverage he gets in MBUK. The thing Jack seems best at is self promotion (e.g. him saying, about himself, that "I've become quite well known on Facebook for giving advice to younger riders"). The London ride seemed to be the thing that drew people's attention to him most, but I don't really get how organising a group ride makes you the best rider of a decade...

Before anyone starts claiming I 'hate' him or I'm 'jealous' or whatever, I'm really not, I just don't really understand where this massive whirlwind of hype has come from.

Anyway:

20" Benito by absolutely miles and miles.

24" Danny Mac.

26" Kinda tricky, possibly Vincent I guess.

This topic should be separated by riding style ie; Beasty, Tech. 2009 had alot of beasty style videos from european riders.

'09 is only one year of the past decade though, which is also why I don't really understand how Damon or CLS could be riders of the decades just because other people have been at the very top of the game for a lot longer than they've been well known for making the odd web video. Don't get me wrong, they're really good, but you just have to watch some of the videos of Benito riding to see he's an utter monster, and then see how many times he's won the Worlds. You don't win the very highest level competitions in your chosen discipline year on year by being shit.

well im in two minds about it I feel

26" on a whole has to be tunni for bringing the street side of the sport up so far

20" craig as the two zoo! riders pretty much set a new standerd to trials

24" ive no idea only really know a couple but most likly danny m

thats my on a whole what I think however the people who have given me an insperation have to be

26" ali c for his stupid half arsed riding that is just unrealy smooth and massive safe to say hes a twat but I love him(actually tryyyy for once haha)

24" has got to be dave m as hes one of few that actualy uses his inspired for trials not just loads of bmx shit and calls him self trials for having a magura love him too

20" is the biggest inspiration to me danny swindle although he just blatently lies about not riding his bike as much as he likes his style just makes me want to ride more and more

Edited by Seabasss

20-CLS

24-Danny

26-TRA

Pretty much. TRA because he's a legend and despite riding for so long he still blows everybody away with every vid. CLS because if it wasn't for him, street trials would have been very different now. And Danny - well that's obvious.

But if I was to choose which riders have been most important to my riding, they'd be:

Lee Shi Ming - 26

TRA - 26/20

Yao Zhi - 20

in my opinion... 20" actually Benito Ros, but Cesar Cañas was the best mod rider in these last 10 years

in street Cls is the most popular rider

24" i only remember to danny mac :P

26" i think Gilles Coust is the god =) and TRA

in street maybe Damon watson but really i dont like him

Edited by G_!

<snip>

I'm glad you said that, 'cos it's exactly how I feel, and if i'd tried putting my point across it wouldnt have come out any where near as good and non "oh my god that bey's a pussy'ole, init"as yours did :P

Best rider ever; Jon Ganger.

That is all.

20" Me

26" Me

24" Me

That would be cool !

But in reality

20" dont no any mod riders to be honest just random spanish guys there the best iv seen on mods

26" Ken B Or Ali C probz only guys I have Seen

24" Dan the Man!

Edited by RazGman

What about Jack Meek for the 26" rider? Going by the fact he learnt the frontflip drop, and the hang-none, and the flair he was trying? Not to mention organizing the massive london ride.

FFDs ? Pretty sure he hasn't landed that ... But SP has!!

Anyway

Kenny (how can anyone say vince - even with daddy owning Koxx kenny still generally destroyed him over the decade)

danny

benito

'09 is only one year of the past decade though, which is also why I don't really understand how Damon or CLS could be riders of the decades just because other people have been at the very top of the game for a lot longer than they've been well known for making the odd web video. Don't get me wrong, they're really good, but you just have to watch some of the videos of Benito riding to see he's an utter monster, and then see how many times he's won the Worlds. You don't win the very highest level competitions in your chosen discipline year on year by being shit.

Depends on what they're 'best' at that, in terms of winning competition/being insanely good across the decade then of course Benito is going to be up there. In terms of being the best at a certain thing, eg changing street trials and being mental at tgs stuff for a large part of the decade then i think CLS was pretty important. What i'm trying to say is to some people, the best is different to other people. They can be the best for doing something that was a breakthrough at the time, which is what CLS and Damon Watson did, the case of Danny Mac proves this, he certainly hasn't been riding the 24 the whole decade but his 2009 video was a defining moment of 24 for the decade. For example you could say that Pele was the best footballer of the last centrury and it doesn't mean he had to have been playing at the top of the game for the entire 100 years.

Your right there, but judging by the posts in here so far, most members are choosing a rider whom has inspired them within a certain period over the last 10years which is CLS, Nezz, and Damon are being voted.

This thread should be about riders whom have contributed their part to the trials scene over the last 10yrs ie; Hans Rey, Martyn Ashton, Ryan Leech, Chris Akrigg.

Depends on what they're 'best' at that, in terms of winning competition/being insanely good across the decade then of course Benito is going to be up there. In terms of being the best at a certain thing, eg changing street trials and being mental at tgs stuff for a large part of the decade then i think CLS was pretty important. What i'm trying to say is to some people, the best is different to other people. They can be the best for doing something that was a breakthrough at the time, which is what CLS and Damon Watson did, the case of Danny Mac proves this, he certainly hasn't been riding the 24 the whole decade but his 2009 video was a defining moment of 24 for the decade. For example you could say that Pele was the best footballer of the last centrury and it doesn't mean he had to have been playing at the top of the game for the entire 100 years.

Pele was amazing throughout a pretty illustrious career though, and he was head and shoulders above anyone else. Not really the same kinda thing. Thing is is that the top comp riders basically created the moves that people do on street now. All the older Koxx riders (and Kenny seeing as he was back then) pretty much invented a lot of things that people now consider 'normal', and make up a lot of the moves that more streety trials riders do. Without them, trials would be a lot different whereas with CLS, Tunni, etc., it's just a case of +1'ing stuff. I'm not saying they're bad or anything, and CLS especially was one of the few people to go huge on mod, but if you look at any of the few Benito street videos he's a f**king monster at TGS, as are pretty much all the top UCI riders. Vincent's Colorado videos were mental too 'cos of the stuff he was doing in them that was just TGS, but also the super tech stuff he was doing. IMO, Benito etc. made a bigger impact on trials which is pretty unlikely to come from anywhere else (because a lot of the moves were made up to one up other comp riders and do bigger shit), whereas just going bigger at pre-existing stuff is something that would've happened sooner or later anyway, if that makes sense? I'm not saying anyone can do some massive gap, but eventually someone will. Not everyone's going to have the innovative streak and dedication to practise and create new moves that properly move things forward for everyone else.

26" - Kenny B

20" - Benito R

..both have dominated comps in the last decade!

As for 24", its only been 'big' for the past two years now - hardly the last 10 years.

Danny Mac's probaly ridden a 26" more in the past decade.

So I'll be saying - Eddie Tongue, as he sparked up the whole seen with the Ashton ET24 (ET standing for Eddie Tongue :P)