2012 Inspired Range

Mark W

First/only trials frame or fork with a bolt through axle, let alone both.

The rest is very true but the Atomz frames came with bolt through axles on frame and fork about 2 years ago? ish?

and part of me thinks some people are out to start an argument for the sake of it! (aimed at the guy who you were replying too luke)

quick couple of questions on the full build...

1) has the steerer already been cut? i run 40mm of stackers on a fourplay and would like to replicate this as much as possible

2) can a trialtech 128mm bb and middleburns (typical fourplay setup) easily be transfered onto it...and can the howitzers be put onto the fourplay without much hassle?

3) (to the tarty guys) if i asked really nicely, would anyone there be willing to dismantle the wheels and do the hope hub swap i mentioned in an earlier post? (putting the bolt through axles through my blue shells and putting the black shells onto my original standard axles)

happy to pay obviously....with something as pricey as hubs i would feel much better someone doing it with the right tools and previous experience than me watching a youtube video and doing what i can with limit kit

4) is there a sticker set available like there used to be with the fourplay? i'll be stripping and repainting and it would be nice to have the skye graphic on it after...no biggy mind

1) has the steerer already been cut? i run 40mm of stackers on a fourplay and would like to replicate this as much as possible

They're supplied pre-cut, yeah. They come with 20mm of stackers as standard, but, if you're running a pre-2011 Fourplay your BB height's going to be +35mm - as the new frame has a +10mm BB, you can effectively knock 20-25mm of your stackers off as if you kept the front end the same height it'd probably feel pretty weird. As a result, although you're technically not running as many spacers, it should feel pretty similar. It won't be exactly the same obviously, but it shouldn't sound quite as scary :P

2) can a trialtech 128mm bb and middleburns (typical fourplay setup) easily be transfered onto it...and can the howitzers be put onto the fourplay without much hassle?

As far as I'm aware the Middleburn combo should be fine on there with a 128mm BB. The Howitzers can go onto a standard Fourplay fine, although it might be worth getting your BB shell faced to make the most of it.

3) (to the tarty guys) if i asked really nicely, would anyone there be willing to dismantle the wheels and do the hope hub swap i mentioned in an earlier post? (putting the bolt through axles through my blue shells and putting the black shells onto my original standard axles)

I'd imagine there'd be the price of the wheelbuilds to take into account too as the wheels are supplied pre-built.

4) is there a sticker set available like there used to be with the fourplay? i'll be stripping and repainting and it would be nice to have the skye graphic on it after...no biggy mind

There's no sticker set available that I know of. I can't really imagine them bringing one out in future either, although you never know I guess.

It's nice to see a trials bike using bolt through hubs! That will certainly make the bike more solid, although I guess some people might find it too solid as well? Saying that it is more of a street bike so I guess the riders buying it would be glad of a more solid feel.

For those of you grumbling about the price, please never get into 'real' mountain biking! Trials is cheap in comparison to DH/Freeride/XC etc... If I wanted to buy a brand new top end mountain bike I could easily end up spending over £4000 for a complete and £2000+ for just a frame! :P

Speaking of that, it's funny how people are calling this bike gimmicky - they should see the amount of shit in the MTB world. I can't actually read any 'normal' (i.e. not Dirt) MTB magazines any more because the sheer gushing volume of bullshit feels like it's suffocating me.

• Like 3

sorry - more questions!!!

1) purely cosmetic, i cant make it out but are the hope levers (like the calipers) all black too?!

2) is there a limited supply of these being made?

3) found the bolt through conversion kits :) if you guys at tarty had the time to do some various assembly/dismantling work on various parts of the bike id of course be happy to pay...will discuss on the phone when i get round buying

sorry - more questions!!!

1) purely cosmetic, i cant make it out but are the hope levers (like the calipers) all black too?!

2) is there a limited supply of these being made?

3) found the bolt through conversion kits :) if you guys at tarty had the time to do some various assembly/dismantling work on various parts of the bike id of course be happy to pay...will discuss on the phone when i get round buying

1. Yeah, they're black - look pimp!

2. There's not a 'limited supply' as such, they just aren't being made in Fourplay/Element/Hex sort of quantities, pretty much.

3. Cool beans (Y)

For those of you grumbling about the price, please never get into 'real' mountain biking! Trials is cheap in comparison to DH/Freeride/XC etc... If I wanted to buy a brand new top end mountain bike I could easily end up spending over £4000 for a complete and £2000+ for just a frame! :P

More like £7000 for the new Trek 9.9 carbon downhill bike. Makes the Skye almost look like a bargain.

Bike looks amazing, geo isn't to my personal preference, but then again I'm not Danny mac. Bolt through axles is definitely a step in the right direction. Next its bigger steerers and then a decent bottom bracket standard. I.e. Bb30

1. Yeah, they're black - look pimp!

2. There's not a 'limited supply' as such, they just aren't being made in Fourplay/Element/Hex sort of quantities, pretty much.

3. Cool beans (Y)

grand - with what looks like black hoses too its a very cool look - expect my order soon! cheers

Can you have words with Dave next time you speak to him to get Hope to throw in some bar ends for the bikes please? The whole thing is absolutely top end and lush as you like... except those horrid plain plastic bar ends! I couldn't stand them on the Team so got some Grip Doctors and they finish the bike off loverly. Am I just incredibly anal?

• Like 3