2012 Inspired Range

Mark W

It's the same as the aftermarket Inspired bashring - it was designed to look like that (Y) Think it also has a similar look on Saint-style cranks because of the scoops.

ah great, so if i got the saint cranks without the ring/sprocket it would just transfer straight across easily enough? its a shame they didnt come as standard...same with the saint brakes that ive heard are amazing :/

must be a reason shimano didnt join the action in making this bike

slightly off topic - but is based on the reactions of people in this topic...

have you guys @ tarty considered making 0% finance deals (obviously this would be through a third party - I know alpine bikes use black horse). It would probably make a little bit more work for you, but might create a bit of business on higher end builds.

Yes, have considered it.

With that side of things they would need to take into consideration that if someone was to default they will have lost out not only the money side of things depending on contract if was to he brought in about the bike if people were to default they would lose out on bike aswell or be left it second hand bikes which people wouldn't want to buy.

• 4 weeks later...

Dammmmmm!!!!

for anyone considering stripping the skye frame, make sure you have plenty of nitromorse and plenty of patience...i was told that the coating was thick but didnt expect it to be that bad/good!

very impressed with the quality of it (nitromorse left on 15mins and barely a hint of a blister to give you an idea)

to whoever wants to keep the frame as it is...i imagine it'll withstand a fair amount of abuse before it even thinks about starting to look tatty

• Like 2

So you've actually done it?! You've just spent £2300 (shhhh i dont want to think about that!) on a bike and the first thing you do is ruin the finish that identifies it as the sig edition- respect!!

haha, im not going to lie - there is a little part of me that though what the f**k am i doing! but i want it to be my dream bike, not dannys...so heres hoping it works out ok! also - i think anyone who knew it was a sig edition would recognise it as that even in disguise :P

have got the paint sorted thanks andrew, they do a fair amount of bikes and im 100% confident they know what theyre doing...they were worried that their acid tank may affect the frame so i decided to take on the stripping part myself

watch this space - thanks guys!

Edited by chris4stars

Re-iterating that you're bat shit crazy here. Then again, I nearly found myself with the cash for one about 3 days after the 'official' announcement and would have done something very similar. Glad I didn't come into the money now, because there's absolutely no point me buying that over a Fourplay really.

Looking forward to seeing the final result!

1. Did you ride it at all before striping it down?

2. I trust you've documented the whole thing...

1. no - tarty took off the cranks/headset as i dont have the tools for that to hand...saints are on order too so i can sell the holz-somthings as unused, essentially brand new

2. the gf is taking the odd photo yes!

JD - i agree, and there is technically no reason why id need anything else either...im with you on that one, but ive worked my ass off over the last few years and figured i deserved a treat (all be it one that is now needing hours more work and elbow grease to finish it!)

• Like 1