2012 Inspired Range

Mark W

can I ask what rims are on the skye? I know there atomlab but what model???

Anyone know?

oh, and is that a tapered steerer I spy in that photo. it would make sense for the whole mainstream MTB 'feel' inspired have got now a days.

EDIT: it could just be a 1.5in headtube

Edited by CC12345678910

Any idea on when the Skye will be in stock?

Ooh I read that wrong and got a bit too excited for a second:

I thought when you used the word 'stock' you meant '26 inch', and you knew something I didn't

I thought "Oooh sweet - Inspired are also doing a 26" version of the Skye with disc tabs and bolt through axels!!"

sad.gif ah well....

(The Skye Danny was on at the Red Bull Street Light Sessions looked amazing! Some really cool tweaks and ideas have been implemented)

What about the fork steering tube? same thickness? The legs on the fourplay version are a bit thin and I see they have changed that but I guess the steering should get a bit thicker too, specially at the end were the legs weld. I almost broke all my teeth and still managed to get this huge hole in my shoe next to my thumb, I was quite lucky. I was doing this 180 drop and when the fork broke It left this metal pointy bit near the headset, I managed to put my foot in front to save my face and the sharp piece went through my shoe. The forks are great and they are the strongest aluminium fork you can get out there but I just want to know if that part is going to change, other wise I'm thinking cromoly. Maybe I had a faulty one. I dunno..

I don't know.. I'm not that hash I guess (video) but I run high psi and there are things in street that you can´t avoid the hard landing. And now with the 2011 fourplay you can really nose dive it which I do a lot on 3's. That's probably why I breaking so many parts. :giggle:

Awesome video! Definitely subing you on vimeo.

At long last ;)

We are excited to announce the much anticipated arrival of the Skye 24" street bike, as ridden by street riding legend Danny MacAskill. Named in honour of the small Scottish island where Danny grew up, the Skye complete bike and frame kit have been developed to meet the specific demands of a new generation of progressive street and trials riders. The geometry of the Skye bike has been refined by continual testing and feedback from Danny as well as using the knowledge and experience gained from producing the World's leading street bikes. As a result the Skye offers a lively and responsive ride which is perfect for the advanced tricks and creative lines that riders are pushing to get dialled.

Tested by Danny over a period of more than 18 intense months, the lengths to which this frame and fork have been used (and abused) is clearly illustrated in the impressive selection of videos that it has appeared in throughout the past couple of years. After successfully coping with the relentless punishment of our Scottish test machine, the final specification and feature detailing have resulted in one of, if not the toughest street framesets available. The design ensures that every element of the frame is more than capable of dealing with the repeated, high impact stresses of modern street riding.

Danny had this to say about the new Skye range; "I've been lucky enough to be riding for Inspired bikes right from the start. Over the last 6 years, it has been awesome to be able to have an influence on the design of the frames and forks to ensure the final product was strong enough and had the right geometry for street trials riders today. Whilst we got the Fourplay and Element frames and forks just right, there were a few extra features that I wanted to try on my bike. It's been awesome coming up with the bike of my dreams, something which stands up to all the abuse I give my bike whilst pushing for lines in videos. Having the 12mm bolt through axle on the rear and the 20mm bolt through forks on the front really makes the Skye feel bullet proof. The Skye also has slightly shorter chainstays and a lower BB as it makes it feel more stable, easier to hop and for me, easier to spin! It's amazing that Inspired have a complete specification to the standard of my bike. As with the other bikes in the Inspired range, the Skye can really take anything you can throw at it and I hope whoever buys one has as much fun on it as I do :) !"

From Inspired's website.

Here are some detail shots of the framekit:

large_skyekit.jpg

large_skyekit2.jpg

large_skyekit5.jpg

large_skyekit5a.jpg

large_skyekit7.jpg

large_skyekit9.jpg

large_skyekit11.jpg

large_skyekit12.jpg

And the complete bike:

large_insskye.jpg

large_insskye3.jpg

large_insskye4.jpg

large_insskye5.jpg

If you sort of split the price up into the constituent parts, it works out that the frame is sort of around the normal high end, super light trials frame area. Bearing in mind the difference in quality and longevity, if people are willing to pay that much for those frames then I don't think there should really be a problem paying that much for this one...

Remember it's a dual disc, bombproof street rig, rather than an all-out lightweight comp bike. 12kg is hardly a complete tank for that, in fact it's pretty sweet.

Whilst the geo isn't to your/my taste, that's not who it's aimed at;

Any shorter rear end than 380 starts to get twitchy for anything that's not static, as does a high BB (though 10mm is pretty low). The wheelbase is short, but with the low BB and steep/high front end this should still give a pretty nice reach, just a better body position on the bike for rolling moves, spins and the like.

For Danny, it's perfect, which is the general idea of course (Y)