Manufacturers.......this Is What We Want!

murph82

I've heard on the grapevine that they exist, are being tested currently, are the muts nuts and if production ones happen, are gonna be expensive but worth every penny, like all hope products. It is all only mere speculation at the minute though and I know no more than that.

This is true as a very special few of us got to see the prototype of them :)

integrated 4 bolt mounts on the rear of the frame so you do away with the under side of the clamps an mount directly to the stays an only use the top half of the clamps, also if this was possible have the top halfs of the clamps integrated into a booster so its only one piece , also could throw in some replaceable internaly threaded hollow bolts for the 4 bolt mounts so no more helicoiling if threads get worn

Would only work on frames with vertical dropouts which are virtually non existent anymore other than Inspireds which tend to use rear discs anyhow.

This is true as a very special few of us got to see the prototype of them :)

We saw the prototype lever body and clamps, and he said Kenny belaey was testing it, but that's all we've heard. He spoke well of it though, so it's on the cards

He being Ian, gaffer at hope

But you can fit a Magura on a V-Brake mount...

I know you can, but evo2's to me are proper clumsy, restrictive, lack adjustment and never stay put.

that's stupid and annoying

who really wants to use evo2's anyway? Especially on a frame that cost me/I otherwise love to pieces as much as a box fresh inspired. The current streamlineing of inspired's range to go largely disc only or the V only frame would be a major issue for me come new frame time, I cant be the only one.

I've been pleasantly surprised by my Conti's. Thanks to my new setup I've been riding more trialsy shit and they've performed really well. But yeah, I realise they're not from Try-All or Hashtagg so they could be the best tyres ever made and trials riders wouldn't be interested ;)

Continental and Maxxis make really good trials tyres.

Stop pulling excuses out of your arses for getting punctures. :w00t:

Not for 24's they don't that are affordable to the mere mortal. I don't pay £50 for a car tyre, let alone for a pushbike

Cos I'm a tight yorkshire b*****d haha

Not for 24's they don't that are affordable to the mere mortal. I don't pay £50 for a car tyre, let alone for a pushbike

Don't know about you lad but I buy all my bike parts in straight up coal, sourced locally from t'pit!

• Like 1

With the amount it costs to make tyres, especially in the tiny batches that'd be required for trials use, they are never going to be cheap. From Ali's experiences, the Conti tyres do appear to last a long time though in much the same way that the fancy rubber Der Kaiser/Rain King tyres last much longer than most other tyres (so even though they're initially more expensive, they'll often outlast other tyres so they work out better in the long run, whilst also being a better tyre).

That largely depends on your rim width.

yes, but the continentals, at the end of the day were never designed for pure trials,

Neither were the Der Kaiser, Rain King, Der Baron or Rubber Queen tyres, but people still use them for "pure trials" with varying levels of success...

That largely depends on your rim width.

I know. What did you ride before mounting the Contis? At Tarty it says that the Maxxis on a 32mm rim is wider than the conti on a 38mm rim. This would mean that the Contis are even smaller than the Maxxis.