London Riots

Franksx2005

0059:

Merseyside Police confirm they are dealing with a number of incidents in South Liverpool, including cars being set alight. Members of the public have been advised to avoid Smithdown Road, Lodge Lane and Upper Parliament Street. In a statement, Merseyside Police's Andy Ward said: "Officer have tonight dealt with a small number of incidents of violence across the city. We will not tolerate any violence on the streets of Liverpool and have taken swift and robust action in response."

They actually can be pleased that we still have a world to live in where most of us can live in peace. They really shouldn't have to go and break everything of their own. And even if they aren't pleased with the government, they surely won't be able to do it better.

Miserable c**ts.. :mellow:

Well if you're ignorant and unaffected it by it perhaps you can keep your constant demur, miserable comments to yourself. For people like myself having to live amongst it whilst it's kicking off isn't exactly much fun so i don't have much choice but to care.

Perhaps just for an hour or two you could dial the ignorance down a little and think how its affecting others.

Perhaps you shouldn't watch the news....sounds like you wouldn't understand what they were saying.

Maybe also you'd care if you thought that your special little secret trip starting this weekend might be affected especially if these place you want to go to are f**ked. Think about it, JD is in Croydon that's f**ked. Joel's area got hit last night, the violence is happening every night and is widespread so where you going to be riding and staying....... I hear the the rioters are very keen on shiny new bikes. Then there's your old favourite, Elephant & Castle, that is certainly no place for a bunch of white guys on bikes with silly gear ratios at this moment.

Edited by Tomm
Removed the worst of your tirade
  • Like 4

This is clearly a very emotive thread, so here's a warning:

There is no excuse for abuse of other members, regardless of context.

This probably isn't the best place for sarcasm or flippant comments. Please consider how posts could be misconstrued before hitting 'Add Reply'.

I don't even need to go through Croydon in the mornings but I did today, with the intention of taking some pics. It's so f**ked up that I forgot. Seriously, seeing the images on a screen is nothing like seeing shops you've grown up using burned down. The studio Pocket Rocket recorded the album in is razed to the ground - on a personal level that's a piece of my life history gone.

:(

Sad day.

I think the police should get guns, and basically say anyone caught rioting gets shot, and anyone in hospital with a bullet wound from that gets sent to prison. For now, I don't actually see what the police are doing, they mostly just have riot gear on, but that isnt going to stop them :ermm:

They should bring either the Army or the police should get guns, because these riots are making peoples lives a living hell <_<

Yeah because shooting people is a good idea?! Do you have any idea how much damage a bullet causes? Not only may it kill someone it would put massive strains on hospitals that would have to remove shrapnel etc. IMO you shoot to kill to stop killing others e.g shoot a madman on a rampage or a terrorist, no need to shoot rooters especially when most are young!

Yeah because shooting people is a good idea?!

Yea because that's no the whole reason this whole thing started in the first place of anything? (btw im with you lukas)

On a serious note I'm living in SW LDN atm and the fear is pretty damm real here with all our staff and everything. Seriously get the TA in, show a strong sign of force, put these pricks off leaving their house's and stop this nonsense.

Personally I think there's nothing that can be done. There is an army of young people in this country now who have grown up with no fear. 50 kids were in a worldwide war, 60s kids were cleaning up from that war. In the 70s, there was a lot of IRA stuff going on and a lot of riots in America (I think), 80s kids had the cold war, but since the early 90s, there has been no big scary empire threatening to take over. The UK and America are pretty much invincible now, and the rioters seem to be mainly these young people who've grown up with no fear. No-one is going to hurt them, and the only authority available is our own police, who turn up, do a good job on the street but then have to let them go.

There are millions of them (young scummy people aged 15-30), and there aren't as many police. They're lacking a common cause IMO, something to fight together for, so they fight against who they see to be the bad guys, which is our own useless government.

We need to fight the Germans again.

(The above isn't meant to offend anyone, and is actually what I think, but delivered with a fair bit of humor. Also this is a long term idea, not short term. Everyone is concentrating on what to do today, not over the next 20 years.)

Edited by Muel
  • Like 1

Seriously get the TA in, show a strong sign of force, put these pricks off leaving their house's and stop this nonsense.

As I saw on my Facebook this morning, it won't happen because there's no oil in London :P

But yep, HAS to be zero tolerance to stuff like this or it just spreads...

but delivered with a fair bit of humor.

Disagreed :P

I was just chatting to the new temp over here and she's like "When will it stop?" and my first thought was it'll be over by the weekend because they'll get bored. Then I thought about it more and if they keep 'winning' what will make them stop? We can't sit them all down and say "You're pretending to fight against cuts as well as other bits and bobs. Do you not get that cuts will have to be worse to pay for the shit you're doing now?" because they won't listen. The interviews I heard last night were all "We iz gettin our taxez back roight" - just makes me realise just how fully stupid these people are. YOU DONT EVEN PAY TAX YOU WORK DODGING CUNTOID. WHAT DO YOU THINK PAYS FOR THE DAMAGE? (yea yea, insurance in the most part, but still...)

Exactly. Stupid people need to be presented with a very easy, simple, stupid life. You can either build homes for them and give them monies to buy drugs with, or you can use them as cannon fodder.

I suppose there's forced labour camps as well, but them's not so good for moral.

Dumb white people are saying, vote BNP shoot the f**kers

Dumb black londoners are going, yea lets get some free shit without a cause

And everyone else is thinking wtf is this all about?

*edit* this is general all foreign press are advertising this as a race war just were all to PC to say that its a black majority in the rioters (from what i saw yesterday on BBC 24 anyway)

Edited by Simpson

If you had something to shout and fight about, and some faceless rozzer suppressed you, what would you do? You'd get organised and start coordinating your attacks, which is exactly what's starting to happen, (in a rather hap-hazard fashion).

Dumb white people are saying, vote BNP shoot the f**kers

Dumb black londoners are going, yea lets get some free shit without a cause

And everyone else is thinking wtf is this all about?

*edit* this is general all foreign press are advertising this as a race war just were all to PC to say that its a black majority in the rioters (from what i saw yesterday on BBC 24 anyway)

I found it very interesting how the various reporters chose how to negotiate that comment. Obviously and factually the majority of what has been seen has been done by some ignorant members of the black community. I don't think it's a race war - i think it's just dumb f**ks acting out looking to get all they can. There certainly has been white rioters as well, but the numbers are very different. I'm not sure it's overly relevant, but from a position of commenting on facts, this is how it is at the moment, and the endless dancing around of the subject is annoying. It's not racist to use someones skin colouring in a description of that person. I can't condone any racism, but things are looking pretty segregated on the streets.

I know the 20-30 masked lovely fellows that made a little play for my bike on the way home from work we're all exclusively of one orientation, and that's in a fairly mixed area generally. I think it's a simple as the people who are rioting are the ones who are free at 3.30 in the afternoon - and unfortunately as much as i'd like that to be me, i've got work to do.

Edited by Matthew62

This is clearly a very emotive thread, so here's a warning:

There is no excuse for abuse of other members, regardless of context.

This probably isn't the best place for sarcasm or flippant comments. Please consider how posts could be misconstrued before hitting 'Add Reply'.

I'm not completely sure how Matts post was in any way able to be misconstrued - our hometowns are f**ked and people come in saying they don't care. Cool, I have no problem with people not caring. But not caring is exactly the reason I didn't pipe up in a recent massive attention seeker of a topic that shall not be named - are you saying that if I'd gone in there and said "Looks like I should say some nice words, not that I really care much" you'd be going on a massive PM war and warning those that then called me out for being completely insensitive?

If you don't care, don't post. This is peoples lives being effected first hand.

My local town Woolwich, is currently a no go area due to one burnt out JD Wetherspoon, two buildings on fire, high st shops and offices smashed or looted. My nearest Halfords/Charlton store got raided. Neighbouring towns have also been hit.

I'm not completely sure how Matts post was in any way able to be misconstrued - our hometowns are f**ked and people come in saying they don't care. Cool, I have no problem with people not caring. But not caring is exactly the reason I didn't pipe up in a recent massive attention seeker of a topic that shall not be named - are you saying that if I'd gone in there and said "Looks like I should say some nice words, not that I really care much" you'd be going on a massive PM war and warning those that then called me out for being completely insensitive?

If you don't care, don't post. This is peoples lives being effected first hand.

Beleive me, matts post wasn't easy to misconstrue. What he wrote before it was edited was very direct and abusive towards a certain member and i think tomm was very reserved not to have sent him on a vacation for it as i know i would have. The first part of bold text in tomms post refers to matt. The second line of bold text refers to everyone else who may not be affected by whats going on so come in here for keyboard warrior points.