The Car Thread

MadManMike

I managed to make my passenger sick over 4 laps. He's more into off-roading than track, haha!

Haha, nice work. Always feels weird when you aren't in the drivers seat though, unless you are concentrating on what the car is doing you get thrown around so much and it makes you feel a bit ill...

I will be running the mini without one for a while till I get all the components for the kit. As for insurance, I got a few quotes yesterday - with my father on my OWN policy, as he has maximum no claims, and police driving experience, came in at £983 for a year fully comp... The postcode helps a lot - PH37 - We're miles from anywhere, and it's kept in a secure garage with thatcham alarm and immobiliser to be fitted. Without him however, you're right - more than a house, got a 14k quote!

Highly unlikely, did you fax a couple of pages showing all of your mods to the insurance company?

Prawn spent literally ages finding a proper fully comprehensive insurer for his Mini which had every single modification covered and declared. If that quote came from online then expect it to double. If you are the main driver of the vehicle then you are the majority of risk taken by the company, it will not be that cheap for a fully declared Vtec Mini to the spec of yours with agreed fully comprehensive cover.

Every day people are talking and posting about paying £2000+ for their first years insurance on the smallest and cheapest of cars. Let alone a Vtec Mini.

I know people who are 40+ who pay more than that for similar cars. IMO you have made a mistake somewhere.

Edited by Pashley26

I agree with jardo, that quote might be true for a standard mini but not a highly modified vtec mini. Don't try and get away with not declaring it cause you could end up in a whole heap of trouble.

Edited by Duncy H

Kinda like them but i need some hubcentric spacers and extended studs because these are scary.

A good 40mm drop. at least is needed too make them look right i think/

Also note they look much better now the suspension has leveled.

2012-07-31183026.jpg

2012-07-31183043.jpg

They look like they sit in the arches but weirdly they actually sit further out than the GTi alloys.

Also they look smaller but they are actually the same tyres...

Still some work too go yet.

Kinda like them but i need some hubcentric spacers and extended studs because these are scary.

A good 40mm drop. at least is needed too make them look right i think/

Also note they look much better now the suspension has leveled.

2012-07-31183026.jpg

just put the gti wheels back on. those fake reverse mounted split things look awful!

562907_10151095242858955_40952956_n.jpg

Forgot how mean your car looked! I think I need one of these one day, they look ace. What mods do you have on it by the way?

Oh, and what speeds were you hitting on those straights? Interested to see what a bit more BHP would make the car capable of :P

Looking good George, any other plans for it? Or just keeping it simple?

Just ordered some welding shizzle so I can get on with the commer again :) been on retrorides for the past few days and I'm aching to get back in the workshop :) its been 7 weeks since I had my operation and I'm good to go for light work now which means lots of cutting, metal forming and a weldathon...

• Like 1