The Car Thread

MadManMike

Cheers broski :)

'turd: I paid £1500 for my Leon, much the same as Ticcy's really, in December. Prices have really come down recently and there are frequently Rs going for £3-3.5k so eyes peeled. I semi-regularly check classified forums just to see what's about so shall keep my eyes peeled just in case a derv comes along (or an R for Mr Haydon!) (Y)

Just as a reference point to get things started, how's this for a ballpark? PD150 TDI etc

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=484352

Likely need to be an e38 member to view, but worth it if only to browse the classifieds while you hunt.

Edit; Also:

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=487842

Civic type r sniper, was that 2/3 in the irst 20seconds you managed to destroy :lol:

Aaah I understand now, I'm a bit slow :)

There was one that nearly stuck with me on the straights actually, think it was supercharged or something.

Tic, the fact that Dubbers are selling one at that price means you can definitely get one cheaper, have a good hunt around some forums!

I'm not rushing into anything. I had a nice car so I'm not replacing it with any old crap. I can survive without a car for a while and I wouldn't mind getting more of an idea what is happening with my insurance payout before jumping in and spending out of savings! I'm also a bit freaked out by the thought of driving again but I'm sure I will get over that quick enough. I will be keeping an eye on ebay motors and autotrader but if anyone spots anything else let me know, I am sticking with a Leon Cupra or Cupra R if one comes up at a reasonable price :)

I had a trip up A&E today because my right arm has gone tingly and numb over the last couple of days. They checked me over and did a neck x-ray and concluded it's just standard whip lash and to get physio. Through my insurance policies legal cover I have already been offered physio sessions anyway which I am going to start arranging on Monday.

• Like 1

Took my brother out for a meal last night for his 21st. Some c-unit decided it'd be a great idea to park 12" from my car despite there being around 12ft between myself and the next car, resulting in them sliding along my car to get out and putting a big old scratch down my door with a belt/similar. Have managed to make it a little less obvious but I'm going to have to do a proper job of it sometime as it's fairly deep.

Livid.

This isn't your beemer is it? Unless you've bought a new one? Still looks interesting though bud...

Nope its Mortons project. he says its not built for track or drifting or drag so f**k knows what hes gona use 400bhp for.

yeah its an SR20DET from a 96 200sx. We've kept the nissan gearbox, so all thats custom really is the propshaft, box and engine mounts and sump. Boost pipes are generic universal ones.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNDUuanBn_zps9bdfb2f6.jpg

Nope its Mortons project. he says its not built for track or drifting or drag so f**k knows what hes gona use 400bhp for.

yeah its an SR20DET from a 96 200sx. We've kept the nissan gearbox, so all thats custom really is the propshaft, box and engine mounts and sump. Boost pipes are generic universal ones.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNDUuanBn_zps9bdfb2f6.jpg

I'm surprised they're not putting a 1JZ or 2JZ in, by far the best engine if you want poweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr.

Boring? :P

I fitted the polybushes to my wishbones on Saturday. The extra caster (on top of the caster/camber adjustable top mounts) makes the handling epic. The bushes have really tightened the steering up too, which is a bonus! Going to check the rear beam bushes, and poly them too if they are shot.

• Like 1

It doesn't sound as chavvy as I was expecting from the way you talk about it. That's a good thing. The R Tech sticker ruins the clean look of the car which is a shame as you obviously put lots of effort into keeping it tidy

George I made a tool for the rear bushes if you ever need to borrow it

• Like 1

I don't mind the look of the sticker, but I've always thought stickers like that scream "Steal me!".

Kind of like in the old Fiesta / Nova days people used to list all the expensive audio equipment they had in the car...

The A3 is a beast though, looks good!

• Like 1

Would appreciate borrowing that press Paul. I remember doing the rear beam on my Toledo and swearing it was a job I would never do again, haha!

Have to agree on the sticker too I'm afraid, its so smooth and clean at the back, the sticker really detracts from that :( Much better to leave them guessing rather than shouting "I'M FAST!!!"

Thanks guys.

I like the R-tech sticker, it breaks is up a bit. I might change it for a black one.

I like that it sounds boosty and raspy rather than chavy and boomy. I also like that there is no smoke on boost/spool up, which makes me happy.

You all watching Top Gear?