The Car Thread

MadManMike

i did think of doing a 4 stud conversion a while back, but it means having to find a set of struts and beam axle, and a set of wheels and tyres :/

i thought of getting the drive flanges machined, would it effect the wheel balance? or is it a matter of it being so close to the center of rotation, a gram ot two imbalance wouldnt effect it?

Theres a GT and GTi, but they're both 4 stud. :(

Come take my vtr saxo for £200.

I have done some new stuff.

Powerflex bushed lower arms and a powerflex'd rear dogbone mount.

IMG-20130308-WA0010_zpscbd35b59.jpg

I did a turbo to manifold gasket the other day.

IMG-20130228-WA0000_zps5598110b.jpg

And I cleaned the throttle body.

IMG-20130228-WA0003_zpsa03bcec4.jpg

I adjusted the actuator out last night so it doesn't close as quickly and it has helped my part throttle issues out.

The new bushes feel good, and all of the annoying whines and creaks have gone.

• Like 2

Off to Ultimate Dubs now. Bring on the scene queens and euro fags! Hope the weathers a bit better than here, there's a good couple of inches of snow on the floor!

Which reminds me, on Prawn's reccomendation, I'm going to fit a switch to enable me to run on actuator pressure only, because in the cold and wet, even a suggestion of throttle cause the car to try and stick you in the nearest ditch!

• Like 3

Yeah, great film. Even watched it with Prawns parents! haha, it's pretty relevant/enjoyable to anyone into cars, or anyone who's close to someone into cars. (as long as they're slightly understanding that is!) Watching it again was a fair chunk of the reason I've stuck with my Scirocco too, rather than doing the sensible thing and giving up on it, on the several occasions I probably should have!

It's well worth watching the full version of the interview between Eric and Clarkson that they show bits of in the film, it shows Clarkson in a much better light and actually explains what he's saying, the bits of it they show in the film are a bit out of context. It's on the extra's if you've got the DVD of it, but I'm sure it'll be on the internet somewhere.

Uhm, so yeah, its my driving test Thursday, this is the cheapest car/insurance quote I could find. 49, 000 Miles, bought when 6 months old in 2002, used for basically going to the shops, needs respraying on pretty much every panel, looking around £800 on the likes of auto trader, someone from work wanted to get rid of it, he said £350!

Bargain!

post-30770-0-38243800-1362932220_thumb.j

I might have to give that film a watch then! Been looking for something noes to watch :)

I'm still getting knocking noises :( I bought a second hand driveshaft cheap rather than putting a new cv joint on. It got rid of the worst of the knocking noises during turning. So obviously that was at fault for some of the noise but some still remains. I think it could possibly be anti roll bar related. I put some new drop links on a few weeks ago and the bottom rubbers already look cut/perished. Is there something I'm not doing or doing wrong when I put then on? Just after some pointers really.

(Mk2 golf for anyone that's forgot)

If you've already replaced one driveshaft it's probably a fairly safe bet that the other's at least a little warn. It probably wouldn't hurt to get it replaced, CV joints are only about £25 each from GSF (if I'm remembering right), and really easy to fit.

Looks yummy, whats the rear view like?

march8_zps22d4de92.jpg

looks better in person. i hate how high it looks from the rear in photos. need to get someone who knows how to use a camera properly to shoot it.

7 days and i dissapear off to canada working for 3 months so no more spam from me lol

looks better in person. i hate how high it looks from the rear in photos. need to get someone who knows how to use a camera properly to shoot it.

Something is missing out back, i'm assuming you don't want an M3 spoiler on there? I think that may just beef up the back end and make it look more purposeful?