The Car Thread

MadManMike

It is kinda tricky to drive on the limit - not a lot of window between the limit and sideways - but keeps you focused that's for sure!

Danny - there's a stick (push-pull control cable straight onto the original bike shift lever) on the right hand side, yeah, right next to the wheel. Sounds odd but it's strangely natural...

I am looking to change my car I know this thread is mainly about modified cars, I currently have a golf R32 mk5 and either looking to change to either a bmw 335d touring, Audi SQ5 or a Mercedes glc. anyone on here got any experience with any of the three or heard any bad things?

I'm putting 4 of these up on eBay tomorrow, unless anyone here wants them. 

Pretty much brand new, only did about a hundred miles before one of the wheels drove itself into a curb. Definitely wasn't the wife, after I put hours into making them look pretty. Nope, not her.

They're 225/25/R19.

£400 saves you £150, and you get 4 free wheels with them. You might even be able to save the dented one, but I doubt it which is why they're free.

Now in possession of the replacement door for the VTI. 
Put a deposit down on a pair of Recaros too that I'll be collecting after I get back from London next weekend. 
Can crack on with the rear quarter repair now I have the door to use as a reference, followed by paint. 

On the hunt for some coilovers now to stiffen things up, along with some adjustable camber arms and new wheels. 

I want to do something power wise, but I think its best to have it driving right first. 

Drove my car for the first time in a few weeks. Feels even better now more weight has been lost. Plumbed in the mini heater too and it's great. 

Just in the middle of fabricating a dash panel now for all my switches. Wanting to keep them all the same make/style but need a variety, a few momentary toggles, on/off switches. Anyone have a good recommendation? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Have any pics of how you have mounted/wired the heater? Whats the heat output like?

Mounted it directly under the dash. Think I took a pic of me deciding which way. 

29015853341_c0e084c96a_b.jpg20160819_201347 by dann2707, on Flickr

I'm just waiting on some M6 bolts and stand offs to fit it properly as it's a really tight hole in the bulkhead. Wiring up is going to be easy though, it's just a 12v feed so earth the wire to an earth point under the dash and take an ignition feed to one switch connection, the other to the heater itself. 

Loosely fitted it yesterday and on the drive to IKEA without the fan on it was bloody epic. Really toasty by the feet so god knows what its going to be like when the fans on! 

Edited by dann2707