Getcreative Video Comp *results!*

1a2bcio8

haha so am I from the UK??? :D really i wish it! but unfortunately no :(

i'm impressed of the many people that are playing in this. This project is already a success!! glad for you ben :) keep it up

Edited by -G-

Basically it was a significant pain to sort through all the emails, transfer the details to a text file and then reorganise them in an appropriate form for the blog entry. It took me about three hours. Mistakes followed from the brain drain :P

Basically it was a significant pain to sort through all the emails, transfer the details to a text file and then reorganise them in an appropriate form for the blog entry. It took me about three hours. Mistakes followed from the brain drain :P

Hero :bow:

I had to do a similar thing for my student radio...won't be doing it again

Some serious competition in there, I'm excited and nervous already. Just wish this weather would do one so I could get some proper footage, keep saying I'm really gonna push myself but at this rate I'll have forgotten how to pedal!

I've just posted Chris Doney's video to the blog. On that note can people please make sure they email me their video as soon as it's done. If you allow me to initially publish on the blog before it's spread across the web by other means that would be great but it isn't a rule. It would just be nice to keep the videos centred around the hub of the competition if possible rather things floating around as though they aren't a part of it.

Edited by Ben Rowlands
  • Like 1

If you send a link, from either a youtube or vimeo upload, to the appropriate email address - glasseyetrialscreative@gmail.com - then I can place it on the blog. Receiving them as files would be wholly impracticable and particularly so as the needs of my summer have changed and I have less time for managing the comp now. So ideally, upload your video and before you publish it on here or facebook send me the link and it can start its life on the competition blog. If we don't do that it kind of degrades the spirit. At least to my mind it does.

We thought it fairer for Matty that he be placed in the novice category due to his age.

Wow, entries are coming in thick and fast now, exciting stuff!

I currently have 20secs of footage and no means of editing but I'm optimistic that it will stop raining long enough for me to film more than one clip!!

I would have assumed that Matt Turner would have gone in the sponsored category but would stand trial as a juvenile, are we to assume that he will therefore be tried as an adult in the novice category?

I don't have any issues either way, just curious.

Ben, has the realisation that this is potentially going to be the most difficult thing to judge ever kicked in yet? There are going to be an insane amount of videos to chose from! I'm not envious at all. I think you need more judges!

I currently have 20secs of footage and no means of editing but I'm optimistic that it will stop raining long enough for me to film more than one clip!!

I'm the same but the weather has officially changed oop north. I'm going hardcore this week, on nights so gonna take the bike to work and get out for some filming early doors on the way home whilst everywhere's quiet and I don't have to worry bout the wife and kids!

sorry to be a nause bucket, but the blog doesnt load to the original post with the email address and info needed to enter, thats is if its not too late? Also whats the closing date for entries?

cheers

I'm unable to figure out changing the blog to allow for links to previous posts on additional pages. For now I've just increased how many posts can appear on the front page. Not ideal but it will have to do unless somebody can instruct me on how to change it?

So I'm thinking of extending the competition end date to the end of September rather than August. Any feelings on this?

It's in consideration of the mixed weather we've had and the fact that people may be able to produce something better if they have more time. It also gives people outside of the the English speaking world more time to hear about the comp and get involved. I'm still receiving entrants but mostly from abroad. I'm assuming that it's slowly filtering further afield.

Anyway, your opinions on the matter would be appreciated.

• Like 1