Getcreative Video Comp *results!*

1a2bcio8

Contrary to everyone else - I'm pretty eager to get mine over and done with, but I don't want to submit way before everyone else.

It's not that I don't enjoy it - it's more that I'm already agonizing over which clips to leave out, and especially what music to use. An extra month of that would be most unpleasant :P

• Like 1

So I'm thinking of extending the competition end date to the end of September rather than August. Any feelings on this?

Either suits me, I'll be able to get an edit together by the end of August, but the extra month your suggesting would for sure help.

The only down side I see is that it would be a little unfair for the riders who have already submitted their videos, they might have wanted to of developed it further if they'd known about the extra month sooner.

Either suits me, I'll be able to get an edit together by the end of August, but the extra month your suggesting would for sure help.

The only down side I see is that it would be a little unfair for the riders who have already submitted their videos, they might have wanted to of developed it further if they'd known about the extra month sooner.

The thing is those people that have already committed their videos did so with a month or so extra anyhow. If we were near the deadline and this happened I would agree that it's unfair. As things stand though they seemingly weren't interested in extra time.

Contrary to everyone else - I'm pretty eager to get mine over and done with, but I don't want to submit way before everyone else.

It's not that I don't enjoy it - it's more that I'm already agonizing over which clips to leave out, and especially what music to use. An extra month of that would be most unpleasant :P

Hah, the self abuse of a perfectionist :P

to have more time is a good idea....shame i've presented my video already...i thought that i had not time to film a creative video and I was going out of the comp...but i've presented the Leeds video thinking that is better than nothing...I should have waited :P

I'd still prefer to not have the extension.

Kinda agree. Only because it seems selfish to not extend it. Otherwise i agree.

I don't feel i'm in a position to benefit with extra time. I'm suffering with clips, sticking to my way of doing it, and not selling out if you like. And i have potentially another thing that will cut me short on this.

But, a majority vote, is a winner :)

If the majority do then it seems like that'd benefit the competition more than just helping Flipp stop being a pussy? :P It's an extra month that you can choose to use if you want to. If you've done a video to what you feel is the best of your abilities then it doesn't really matter if someone else has an extra couple of weeks to try and get their video done as that doesn't really affect whether you could do any better or not.

A few people I've spoken to on FB about it all have all said they're struggling to get clips due to weather/other commitments with the time remaining, so it seems like it'd be better to help everyone out and get a greater quantity of better videos involved. Yes it's a competition, but it's not exactly a life-or-death mega serious event so it seems like it'd be better to help people out and get a higher standard overall than sticking to arbitrary principles...

EDIT: This post definitely isn't because I've got f**k all time to film because my sister's now had a baby so I have to spend my next 3 weekends going all round the place doing family stuff :P

• Like 2

Flip, how on earth are you finished anyway?

I'm not - but all the songs I'm considering using are around 5:00 (or less), and even with a very aggressive approach to cropping clips I'm at 5:36 - which still includes the lines that aren't the least bit creative, but are pretty big (which means I'm chuffed with them, thus shall be featuring regardless :P ), and no allowance for dragging clips out to fit with music or atmospheric (read: non-riding) clips.

I'm not - but all the songs I'm considering using are around 5:00 (or less), and even with a very aggressive approach to cropping clips I'm at 5:36 - which still includes the lines that aren't the least bit creative, but are pretty big (which means I'm chuffed with them, thus shall be featuring regardless :P ), and no allowance for dragging clips out to fit with music or atmospheric (read: non-riding) clips.

Pretty much my whole video so far are 'atmospheric' clips, but I don't think an extra month is going to change the fact that I've got loads of ideas I'm too much of a tart to even try, let alone have the skill for!

Don't mind either way if it gets extended or not, I'll put something in on deadline day either way and make up the already massive numbers.

Simple solution for that.