Joe Maher - Bish Bash Bosh!

Joe Papasnap Maher

I usually have a few ways of judging if a video is good.

1) can I make it to the end? check

2) does the video end sooner than you would think? Check

3) do I rewind to watch bits again? Check

So yeah, it seems it was a good video! editing was swish, especially with the hammering and matching the song with the riding throughout the vid. Riding was big and inventive even if you do gap-to-front like a mong :P

• Like 3

Ok, so ive worked out why I dont like your gaps to front - since you so kindly put a couple of them in slow motion. When you land your leading foot drops forcing you to bring it back round to catch the engagement again. I think it would help if when you land on your front wheel, both your feet are level and your legs are bent, instead of one being straight and one being bent.

Nice manual line at 5.30 btw.

Ross, i think its simply a case of...i go Forward...rather than up and down..hence why my back wheel, always stays low..!!

Its odd though, because when i do it, i feel like im going up and down, then when i watch it back..im just going straight forward..Anywho..It works for me :)

And yer..the manual line took tooo long!! ( Well about 20 mins ) !! Ha

really good video joe. Enjoyed that. Some amount of progression in the past year or so really.

Keep it up / head out onto the streets and lets get some new scenery (Barrow is a good place, but i think some variation would make your vids stand out even more)

some of the camera shots were really good considering they were static. #decentshotsmakevideosbetterpeople

• Like 4

Sweet Joe! Some really cool lines in there. Really liked the slow mo towards the end and the clips that were actually filmed by someone. Probably because I'm so used to you using a tripod...they felt more real for some reason. Plus the lines were BIG!

After watching this I realized how I was lacking in my gap to fronts. The slow motion parts helped me figure out the body position that I needed to get into when doing the gap. It helped a TON with making the gaps easier.

I would like to see a slow mo clip of one of your rear up to rear hops and sidehops. I have issues with those and it seems like you have the technique refined really well.

great video, but dont agree with the to front technique. i dont actually get how joes technique work he dont even seem to be over the front wheel, which is actually quite impressive in its self, think how far you could gap if you planted your weight over the front joe ;)

Possibly it'd be an advantage to not be so over the front though? It means you can get the bike out in front of your body further, which is going to increase your reach overall for gaps? I still don't get how it works for Joe though, but it's the end result that counts I guess :P

• Like 1

really good video joe. Enjoyed that. Some amount of progression in the past year or so really.

Keep it up / head out onto the streets and lets get some new scenery (Barrow is a good place, but i think some variation would make your vids stand out even more)

This.

Street Vid for Get creative comp!! It will happen!!

Can't wait for this.

Edited by shercofray