Inspired Arcade- (Cro-mo)

SumoSam

If you look through this thread and see the people who are expressing interest in it that should give you an idea to some extent - to me (note: this is just my opinion rather than anything from Inspired), the Arcade is more aimed at people who've been riding trials for a bit, and know what they want in a bike. From my experience at TartyBikes, it seems like when people come into trials they generally want the sort of thing that are stereotypically trials - drilled rims, light aluminium frames, etc. - so at the Arcade/Fourplay price-point they'd be more likely to go for a Fourplay. However, for riders who've been going a bit longer, the undrilled rims just mean a stiffer feeling wheelset when you're doing spins, the steel frame has a slightly different feel, etc. In a way it is a little more street-orientated too (although Ali's shown time and time again it can be used for 'real' trials too), as the geometry, gear ratio and spec are more BMX-y rather than trials-y.

That's not to say people just getting into trials are excluded from buying one or wouldn't be able to handle it - it's an awesome bike that I think anyone could get to grips with pretty easily. To me though, guys like Ben Travis, Sam Nichols, etc. are the people I can see being more interested in it and appreciating it more.

I'm not sure what to think about the Arcade only coming in one colour. I guess it gives the bike a stronger identity, but I for one dislike matt black so it's a risky strategy!

(Yes I know I could just paint it)

I think that was the plan to some extent, although I wouldn't rule out alternative colours in future (Y)

i think its for bigger going street riders(good chunk of doberman pincher flavour in them),that killed every alu frame so far.

Not necessarily going bigger as such - Ali's been doing some insane tech riding on his that isn't necessarily pushing the envelope (that's for you Gav) of size, but is for general progression. The geo means that it's really nimble and agile so you can just do a bunch of other stuff on it that doesn't involve going massive necessarily. Similar to the way BMX geometry works, and the way that the hardest, most progressive BMX stuff isn't just a case of doing the same shit down a bigger number of steps, if that makes sense. I don't really go big but I've learnt to do loads more stuff on this bike because it just feels a lot easier to move around. For example, I've got manual-to-360s on flat on this bike (occasionally :P) whereas on my 2011 Fourplay I didn't really get that close to them. Same goes for front wheel stuff too thanks to the shorter fork offset and the steep head angle. It feels much more easy to get it on the front wheel, and consequently it just allows you to do more rather than wrestling it over the whole time.

I'll be interested to find out what the final geometry comes out at. Really get the impression this is more suited to what I currently do on a bike and will help me more with the stuff I'm working towards being able to do, if that sounds right.

• Like 1

No WiFi for a day and come back to this... wow... guess I'd better get saving :D

One question though, why not go for a 45/45 integrated headset like the BMX's? Then you can just drop the bearings in, instead of banging in the cups. Not complaining just curious.

Matt Purdon, basically.

I'm getting so very, very impatient.

As Mark says, this isn't going to be a funky alternative to a Fourplay, it really is a completely different kettle of fish. If you need to ask why it's so radically different, it's not gonna be a bike for you. Having said that, if anyone reading this wants to buy one and realise they hate it within a week they're welcome to do that and sell it to me on the cheap.

• Like 1

I'm getting so very, very impatient.

As Mark says, this isn't going to be a funky alternative to a Fourplay, it really is a completely different kettle of fish. If you need to ask why it's so radically different, it's not gonna be a bike for you. Having said that, if anyone reading this wants to buy one and realise they hate it within a week they're welcome to do that and sell it to me on the cheap.

That's not entirely fair.... a lot of people won't be so clued up on this bike and will naturally have questions about it. Inspired have built up a name making a very specific type of bike over a number of models than in essence share a common theme. The Arcade is obviously being advertised as being 'different' and people will naturally want to know how exactly. It doesn't mean it's not for them. Also outside of custom bikes this is relatively new territory so some people might love a bike like this, but just not know it yet.

For example I'm very keen and think i'd possibly prefer one over my current ride, but without having tried one (which most people won't have) there is going to be an air of uncertainty.

• Like 1

That's not entirely fair.... a lot of people won't be so clued up on this bike and will naturally have questions about it. Inspired have built up a name making a very specific type of bike over a number of models than in essence share a common theme. The Arcade is obviously being advertised as being 'different' and people will naturally want to know how exactly. It doesn't mean it's not for them. Also outside of custom bikes this is relatively new territory so some people might love a bike like this, but just not know it yet.

For example I'm very keen and think i'd possibly prefer one over my current ride, but without having tried one (which most people won't have) there is going to be an air of uncertainty.

Perhaps i worded that wrong - everyone's gonna have questions but the people it's aimed at already know they're keen on the idea of one. I just mean to say it's not gonna be for the kind of person who buys an 07 Fourplay, puts a 130mm stem on it and still wonders why it doesn't ride like their GU Typhoon did. Got a lot of respect for Inspired for doing that to be honest, it's a proper no-compromise build and is absolutely incredible for it.

No WiFi for a day and come back to this... wow... guess I'd better get saving :D

One question though, why not go for a 45/45 integrated headset like the BMX's? Then you can just drop the bearings in, instead of banging in the cups. Not complaining just curious.

One reason being is that to get a high front end we currently use big bars, stems and lots of spacers, an integrated headset would put the stack height lower which would mean more spacers needed which isn't ideal, or a longer headtube which would look a bit weird

• Like 1

who do you mean?in inspired context i´d say sean watson,but he´s got an arcade i think.

the other legend of today would be akrigg,but with an inspired...?

please enlighten me

what about those two french kids? Leo nobile? Fabio Wilmer?

Edited by bing

The Triboulat brothers ride for Ozonys, and they've already tried to get a god-awful looking steel build up and running.

Leo Nobile has a signature bike out with TMS.

Fabio rides for Inspired, but I think he gets on pretty well with the Fourplay (he seemed to at Dressler Camp and in Prague).