Inspired Arcade- (Cro-mo)

SumoSam

I had ridden my old frame and fork for a long time and they were both pretty scratched up so I got some new ones for the summer and unfortunately they couldn't get me any more of the steel forks in time so I just used some teams. My old frame qnd fork are still going strong as my brakeless bike now :)

• Like 1

i would still made the frame with removable v-brake mounts. Being a frame destined for people that like to approach trials in a bmx state of mind, simpler is better, and i think v-brakes have a simpler design and are less damagable. you don't need special tools to adjust them, nothing can spill and you won't bother damaging them if you throw your bike around. it's just a simple brake that works great if adujusted half-decent.

If the mounts are removable, you can also have a nice clean frame for brakeless riding (can't really remove that disc bracket from this one).

It's just my 2 cents, but i am curious what others think...

If the big plus of discs is modulation, i don't think it's needed. I see this bike meant for a style of riding that's towards bmx, where everything is cleaner (wink, mark), no modulated manuals and or other trials fiddling about... I pretty much see it as what people used to lean toward when the whole brakeless hype was on, pretty much bmx + drivetrain trials moves and can't really be done on a bmx, and those moves get slighly restricted without the use of a brake, therefore the option to have a back brake (that can be on/off, as a v-brake is) is nice, that should be used only for gapping consecutive rails and stuff that can't really be one without one (although i am expecticng pretty much antything from ali c on a braeless bike after seing his footage...) and since there are already several great options offered by inspired that DO have disc mounts, this would have been a nice alternative

• Like 1

so you are saying that a Saint DD in a £2000 pounds Skye is not needed, and street trials riding style (see Ali C, Danny MacAskill) can be better without brakes because they use them as an option other than bmx?

sorry, I could not really understand your line of thoughts

so you are saying that a Saint DD in a £2000 pounds Skye is not needed, and street trials riding style (see Ali C, Danny MacAskill) can be better without brakes because they use them as an option other than bmx?

sorry, I could not really understand your line of thoughts

ok, i'll try to be more clear: i'm not saying that the disc brake on the skye is not needed, i am saying that "street-trials" can have different styles, and that it would have been nice if the arcade, which clearly is the most bmx-oriented product of the inspired line (really tough, with snappy geo, no tensioner needed, bmx cranks etc), would have gone even further and steered away from complicated mtb-ish elements, such as disc brakes (when a vee can block very nicely, the only thing missing is modulation, which i think isn't necessary for the type of riding described above - using the brakes as little as possible to increase flow, which i personally like better, but not saying IS better)

It's a street trials bike, not a bmx

if you want what you stated, buy a bmx

right...

For the very few riders who would prefer a v brake over a disc brake, SHIT HAPPENS.

Edit: I just remembered that Carls has a v brake mount so they should be something for everyone at some point anyway.

i'm not trying to start a revolution here, just saying my oppinion about this product, curious if others share it...

ok, i'll try to be more clear: i'm not saying that the disc brake on the skye is not needed, i am saying that "street-trials" can have different styles, and that it would have been nice if the arcade, which clearly is the most bmx-oriented product of the inspired line (really tough, with snappy geo, no tensioner needed, bmx cranks etc), would have gone even further and steered away from complicated mtb-ish elements, such as disc brakes (when a vee can block very nicely, the only thing missing is modulation, which i think isn't necessary for the type of riding described above - using the brakes as little as possible to increase flow, which i personally like better, but not saying IS better)

I see your point now!

The problem is that there are only a few riders who would prefer vees over hs33-s ( in my best knowledge). It worth is better to make frames for wider audience (DD, maggie guys) and brakeless guys just take them off/sell them, and for the V brakers they get an adapter/V forks.

I'm not trying to start a revolution here, just saying my oppinion about this product, curious if others share it...

right...

i'm not trying to start a revolution here, just saying my oppinion about this product, curious if others share it...

Yeah I got your point and I do see where you are coming from hence my initial joke regarding it, to go further into what I next said Inspired are testing out another steel frame to potentially come out that will have v brake mounts. I hope that makes you feel abit more happy knowing they do think about other riding styles ;)

Then I guess we can all consider ourselves massively relieved that there wasn't just one of those frames being tested, and that the other rider used V-Brakes on their build.

If the big plus of discs is modulation, i don't think it's needed. I see this bike meant for a style of riding that's towards bmx, where everything is cleaner (wink, mark), no modulated manuals and or other trials fiddling about...

If you look at the clips of Ali riding though (e.g. the Inspired Prague video, Clean 002), there is moves with modulation involved and there's a fair bit of 'trials fiddling about' too. Now I've got Saints on my bike I find I modulate them quite a lot too (e.g. doing a manual to gap/sidehop/generic-trials-move). Similarly, disc brakes aren't as complicated as you make them out to be. Ali's brakes are second hand and they've been pretty much perfect for the past 2-3 years he's used them. I think he's changed pads a couple of times, and maybe rotors once or twice, but the first time he had to bleed them was when we got back from Prague. They're basically fit and forget, but offer that modulation and also awesome on/off power and hold too. They're a little heavier, but the pros outweigh the cons which is the same reason everyone on the Inspired team wants to run discs (if they run brakes :P), and a lot of people who build up their own custom 24s use discs too.

• Like 3

1278788_10151682221253751_1501380783_o.j

The Arcade graphics, and the Inspired 3-piece cranks (matte black w/gloss black Inspired logos) and one-piece CNC-machined bashring/sprocket combo. The bike also has custom matte black w/gloss black graphic Inspired Team pedals. The bike also features a brand new Inspired BB setup. The V2 model featured a BMX-style, press-fit Mid BB setup, but to make things as accessible as possible for people buying the frame kit the production model features a traditional MTB-style BB. However, Inspired have made a new BB with external bearings that use the same Spanish BB bearings as BMXs, so they'll be super tough but also pretty light!

1234066_10151682221563751_835454259_n.jp

These forks look rad too. They've got tapered legs to help keep them at a reasonable weight, but the main thing is the 15mm through axle setup. The bolt used for the axle is also a pretty low profile countersunk head beast, so the ends of the axle/bolt is incredibly low profile.

As someone that will be buying a frame kit. Will the bb's be available separately? Don't want to be stuck using the crappy DMR ones.

The 15mm through axle set up looks good. Will we have to use a hope hub with it?