Inspired Arcade- (Cro-mo)

SumoSam

From what Ive been told, (and I may be wrong here) there were a number of guys testing a few different variations of the Arcade.

Carl Hopps has a V brake, vertical drop out version which he didnt use with chain tugs. Nick Cooke was meant to be testing this but stopped riding.

Ben Rowlands had one to test.

Ali has been on them since the start as has Mark Westlake and Sean Watson. They come with gorgeous custom chain tugs which tension the chain in the tiny little vertical droupots which are designed for a certain gear ratio.

Looking forward to seeing what the full builds are like. I was talking to Inspired Dave at Radfest and sounds like they have gone to the N'th degree of detail on these....Inspired cranks look really nice!

Carl, Nick and Ben were testing a slightly different version that wasn't really an Arcade (had different horizontal dropouts, some of the other tubing was different, slightly more relaxed geo). Ali and I have been testing them since January 2012 (can still remember driving down to the Inspired office to pick them up 'cos we didn't want to wait any more, and then Ali's van broke down on the way...), and I think Sean got his around then too as it got flown over to Canada a little before we headed down. The dropouts aren't vertical though, they're horizontal - but they are designed to work with 22:15. That said, Gav was running my old prototype frame - I'm on the V2 frame - and managed to run 22:16 with no problems.

Really glad to see the positive feedback the Arcade got at Tarty Days though, was awesome to finally see the production bike :) Dave first got in touch with me about Inspired wanting to make a steel build back in late 2010, so after nearly 3 years of anticipation it's cool to see it realised. There are so many nice touches on them though. Dave and all the guys at Inspired really put the time in to make these as good as possible, and it shows. The matte black finish with gloss black graphics on all the finishing kit looks so good...

From what I can remember overhearing Dave saying, the Arcade is going to be available as a full bike and as a framekit comprised of the Arcade frame and fork. The two were made to compliment each other and look great together so it makes sense really (Y)

EDIT: I took some photos of the Arcade and just uploaded them to FaceyB. As far as I know the only difference between this and the production model is that the production one will have 180mm Trial Zone rotors:

1239773_10151682221458751_1387145097_n.j

Side view of it. The bars are new Inspired high rise style bars that should be out around the same time as the rest of the Arcade range. Slightly higher clamp-to-tip than the TT bars, but because they've got a lot less upsweep the section of the bar you end up holding is actually quite a lot higher. Feel amazing though!

1278788_10151682221253751_1501380783_o.j

The Arcade graphics, and the Inspired 3-piece cranks (matte black w/gloss black Inspired logos) and one-piece CNC-machined bashring/sprocket combo. The bike also has custom matte black w/gloss black graphic Inspired Team pedals. The bike also features a brand new Inspired BB setup. The V2 model featured a BMX-style, press-fit Mid BB setup, but to make things as accessible as possible for people buying the frame kit the production model features a traditional MTB-style BB. However, Inspired have made a new BB with external bearings that use the same Spanish BB bearings as BMXs, so they'll be super tough but also pretty light!

1271573_10151682221333751_1226356221_o.j

Nicest chain tugs evaaarz. Amazingly intricate, yet they've held up perfectly for Ali, Sean and I for the past couple of years. Mine haven't slipped once! Sweet black 15t sprocket and custom black Hope spacer kit too.

1266334_10151682221623751_2145825012_o.j

Another view of the crank area.

1264119_10151682221463751_1751952478_o.j

The new Inspired Kevlar pivotal saddle. This was originally made for the Arcade, but looks awesome so it's appearing on bikes like the Skye Team too!

1234066_10151682221563751_835454259_n.jp

These forks look rad too. They've got tapered legs to help keep them at a reasonable weight, but the main thing is the 15mm through axle setup. The bolt used for the axle is also a pretty low profile countersunk head beast, so the ends of the axle/bolt is incredibly low profile.

• Like 2

any info on the frames weight?

Not yet, sorry. I weighed the V1 but didn't weigh my V2 before I built it up. It's not super light but by the same token it's not particularly heavy either. Externally butted head tube and BB shell and internally butted tubing on the rest of the frame means it's pretty light, but also nice and tough. Ali hammered the crap out of his frames!

As far as I know the only difference between this and the production model is that the production one will have 180mm Trial Zone rotors:

And black logos on the FSA headset. DFS Dave does not mess about when it comes to details!

• Like 1

i am following this topic for MOAR info, pricing, info, pictures, some words from Adam from Tarty to say ` That some good stuff, more info in tartybikes website` and maybe colours and info... god, i love this bike

( just a question: where it will be on the range? more towards Skye or Element or somewhere middle as an option fro Fourplay?)

the archive looks very similar to the arcade,not to mention the name choice :wink2:

is the geo the same,just out of interest?

Nope, no-one's managed to get the geo right yet. Ali came up with the Arcade name quite a while back - Inspired wanted something kinda related to the bike being fun and it being developed (partially, not forgetting Sean ;)) in Blackpool, and so the Arcade name seemed pretty fitting. I wasn't too sure which route they were going to go down graphically but I really like what they came up with. The frame+fork combo looks amazing with the little Arcade logos on there (Y)

i am following this topic for MOAR info, pricing, info, pictures, some words from Adam from Tarty to say ` That some good stuff, more info in tartybikes website` and maybe colours and info... god, i love this bike

( just a question: where it will be on the range? more towards Skye or Element or somewhere middle as an option fro Fourplay?)

They're not due out immediately as there are a few tweaks to be made (like Anal said, stuff like headset logo colours) over in Taiwan, but they should be out in the not too distant future. As far as I know, pricing is going to be similar to the Fourplay Team bike mainly because it shares a reasonable amount of the spec, such as Hope hubs and brakes. I'm not too sure what the frame + fork combo's going to cost though. They're only available in the black finish shown here.

The thing with this bike is that it's quite a lot different to everything Inspired are doing at the moment, so it's not really an alternative as such, more just something completely different. The target audience for this bike isn't really the same as the Fourplays/Skyes, hence it having a totally different look and a different setup.

The thing with this bike is that it's quite a lot different to everything Inspired are doing at the moment, so it's not really an alternative as such, more just something completely different. The target audience for this bike isn't really the same as the Fourplays/Skyes, hence it having a totally different look and a different setup.

Who is the target audience then?