The Angry Thread.

Blake

Often it's part selection that causes issues unfortunately... What exactly have you broken, where, and how?

Forks, believe it or not haha

Above the brake mounts on the legs, b1k3 eklipse fork. Looked fairly burley which is why I went for them haha

Unsure how, I've only had it built a few weeks and been out on it a handful of times. Not fully in the swing of riding again yet and no where near confident enough to give them enough abuse to crack this quickly

Edited by SamKidney

Forks, believe it or not haha

Above the brake mounts on the legs, b1k3 eklipse fork. Looked fairly burley which is why I went for them haha

Unsure how, I've only had it built a few weeks and been out on it a handful of times. Not fully in the swing of riding again yet and no where near confident enough to give them enough abuse to crack this quickly

I meant specifics :P Which you did provide.

All 4-bolt forks (especially 26") will break unless they are over a few hundred quid, over a kilo or designed really well, it's just the way it is unfortunately. You just have to work out which ones will last the longest for your budget, or get a front disc. Send em back, get em warrantied, get advice from seller about what to get next - job done (Y)

I meant specifics :P Which you did provide.

All 4-bolt forks (especially 26") will break unless they are over a few hundred quid, over a kilo or designed really well, it's just the way it is unfortunately. You just have to work out which ones will last the longest for your budget, or get a front disc. Send em back, get em warrantied, get advice from seller about what to get next - job done (Y)

You'll be processing a warranty claim very shortly then :P

• Like 2

Just found out the first girl I been actually interested in for the first time in 7 years has a boyfriend... FML

Also fell off the bike yesterday and sprained the damn thumb so I cant even ride the above fact away:(

Times like these I almost wish I drank alcohol...

Edited by Kevinfor

Speaking of alcohol, I heard about a beer festival in Lewes earlier this week and have been gagging for today to go and check it out. Get all the way down there via getting lost somehow (I should know the way, it's where I got married...) only to find out it was ticket only. Rubbish first world problem.

I've solved the issue, though, by purchasing a range of ales to go with the dinner I'm currently whipping up, so it's not all bad.

Think it's time to just pack trials in

Just do it then. If you're not enjoying something your doing and not getting paid for it there's no reason to do it, and it's not like it's something you can't come back to.

Oh and people who use self checkouts that have a tonne of stuff to scan but are determined not to talk to a human so spend 15 minutes trying to scan their breakfast biscuits.

Edited by bikeperson45
  • Like 1

Think it's time to just pack trials in

Do it, don't hang around. I did and you just end up owning a bike while it depreciates. Might as well sell up and put the money in the bank, and buy a newer, better bike if you ever get back into it.

• Like 1