The Happy Thread

Duncy H

i have three flat viewings lined up for sunday now :D life is looking slightly less bleak

Make sure you keep in touch with the people doing the viewings as much as possible to avoid them doing a no-show. When I was first looking in London back in 2006 or so I'd book 10 viewings in on one day and I'd be lucky if 2-3 people actually turned up.

• Like 1

Make sure you keep in touch with the people doing the viewings as much as possible to avoid them doing a no-show. When I was first looking in London back in 2006 or so I'd book 10 viewings in on one day and I'd be lucky if 2-3 people actually turned up.

i have done, they're all pretty close and some have multiple occupants so i can just show up and knock on like a psychopath if needs be :w00t:

Also happy because i rode higgor today and wasn't a dithery mess on the bike despite not riding much for a while. my forearm is still an utter b*****d though

Edited by ogre

Good shit.

If you end up struggling, getting a temporary paid-for account at Spareroom.co.uk is really good. I activated my account again 5 days ago, put up a 'Wanted' ad, had over 10 replies within 24hrs, allowed me to do the 'early bird' reply thing so I could snake all the chumps who hadn't paid - I'm moving into my new place tomorrow. I did the same thing at Bristol after just using Gumtree and places like that, and it was way, way better.

• Like 1

found a place, 15 minute walk from work, newly refurbished under 700 a month with bills and council tax. eeeeee. i had a viewing cancel on me, so i called as many people from spare room as i could and landed that place last thing. so f**king pleased.