Stan Shaw's new Koxx Kloud!

Mark W

Stan's built himself a pretty sweet Koxx Kloud full build courtesy of his sponsors K-124, Trialtech and Stan Titanium. Is nice...

stankloud1.JPG

stankloud2.JPG

stankloud3.jpg

stankloud4.jpg

stankloud5.jpg

stankloud6.jpg

stankloud7.JPG

stankloud8.JPG

stankloud9.jpg

stankloud10.jpg

Frame and Fork
- Frame: Koxx Kloud
- Fork: Trialtech Sport, Disc Only

Wheels
- Front hub: Trialtech Front Disc
- Rear hub: Customised Echo TR 116mm
- Chain tensioner: Trialtech Sport Snail Cams (Lite non-drive, HD drive)
- Front rim: Trialtech Sport Lite Front Rim
- Rear rim: Trialtech Sport Lite Rear Rim
- Spokes: Sapim Race
- Rim tape: Trialtech, White
- Inner tube (front): Maxxis Ultralight
- Inner tube (rear): Maxxis Welterweight
- Front tyre: Try-All Shift 26 x 2.0"
- Rear tyre: Continental Der Kaiser 26 x 2.5"

Brakes
- Front brake: Hope Trial Zone, 200mm
- Rear brake: Racing Line HS33 Lever Body, 4-finger Lever Blade, Trialtech Sport Splitter, Magura Slave Cylinders
- Brake clamps: Magura 4-Bolt with Echo SL Cylinder Washers
- Brake Pads: Trialtech Sport material in TNN Engineering Backings

Drivetrain
- Cranks: Trialtech, 175mm
- Freewheel: Echo Titanium 108, 18t
- Chain: KMC Z610HX
- Rear Sprocket: Echo TR Screw-On 15t
- Pedals: Trialtech Sport MG-1, Stan Titanium Axles
- Bottom bracket: Trialtech Sport Lite
- Bottom bracket bolts: Stan Titanium M15
- Bashring: Trialtech SL Half Ring

Steering
- Headset: Etc. Internal
- Stem: RockMan 3D Forged, 150mm x 30°
- Grips: Trialtech Foam
- Handlebars: Trialtech SL Carbon Riser

Weight: 9.22kg

nicest seatless trials frame going! If it had vee mounts I'd almost be tempted. Pretty pimp spec too and nice to see it's a decent weight, you just know it's going to ride well, no flex, decent tyres and a quiet front brake, no worries of snapping anything.....proper bike that is!

• Like 2

Me too, reminds me of Mario Kart.

mario_kart_wii___thunder_cloud_by_skylig

Nah, it's real weight, not forum weight :P

Hahaha! I can't wait to get my bike built up now, and compare mine to his (mine won't have ti etc but similar weight other parts).

What scales do you use? I tend to use bathroom scales, weigh myself with and without the bike. Only accurate to 1 decimal point though.

Becoming a fan of the curved tubes on bikes then, Ali? :wink2:

Nice looking bike but I dont think the geo would suit a short ars like me. How does it ride compared to the Echo, Stan? Plus, what happened to those pimp forks you were running?

curves have their place, I.E downtubes ONLY, no stupid humpbacks please *cough* *Monty* and no random curves that don't match *cough* *Neon* *cough*

• Like 1

I really like it!

Stan how are you finding the 45 b.b compared to other high b.b frame you have had?

Cheers!

With my forks, I think it's only 5mm lower than what my Echo was so I haven't noticed to be fair. The bike rides very closely to the how I had my Echo set up, but the Koxx feels stiffer.

It's a really solid build. I've done the super duper light weight thing before, but I prefer to run parts which are durable and I get on with. I imagine with a different spec, it would easy to get the bike well under 9kg. Plus many people's way of weighing bikes is completely in-accurate haha!

One other big bonus on the Kloud is the BB Yoke has tons of tyre clearance! My tyre fits in there easily.

Stan!

Since you elevated your riding style to hovering (I've seen your vid), you could easily build sub 8 kgs without any risk.

And damn, I didn't know about the forum weight loss tradition. I could have guessed from all these 8 kgs 24 bikes costing half of what I paid for mine.

Edited by JanStahl

It does seem quite heavy for it's spec though?

That's because it's got a 'heavy' (read: 'Good') back tyre, a 'heavy' (read: 'Good') pair of forks and so on. Like Stan said, it's all tough, durable stuff which makes it feel better to ride because it's not mega flexy.

Equally, it's the actual weight rather than adding up weights of standard components, weighing it on a set of bathroom scales, etc. so comparing it to other weights on here isn't necessarily fair in a sense.

Which bike was that?

I had my Rockman Slate 3 down to 8.4Kg relatively easily. (weighed properly with Park Tool bike scales)

Some Ozonys frame

I wasn't willing to sacrifice grip of the tyres, strength of the forks or the quietness of a front disc.