Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

NIce, that descent looks like good fun!!! need to work on your cornering though ;)

Have you ridden damp grass on anything other that black chilli? :P

Na, your exactly right. I was "blowing them out". Too fast into them and overshooting. I've not ridden that trail in nearly 8months so it wasn't as fresh in my mind.

I'll try and get out this weekend and blast it again.

Cheers for watching btw (Y)

Edited by Ross McArthur

Picked up a cheap 50mm atomlab aircorp stem to see how the intense rides with a shorter stem. It's an ugly brute and weighs almost 100g more than the thomson despite being half the length!

Unfortunately 25.4 x 50 thomson elites command a very high price from my recent eBay watching so will have to wait till one comes along at a lucky price :)

The 90mm elite will go into my chameleon commuter bike unless the intense is scary to ride with the quicker steering - 72° head angle, 1" under length forks and 50mm stem could be interesting :D

• Like 1

Anyone with a 29'er looking for a new frame?

I bought this bike:

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Analog-29-Mountain-Bike-2015-Hardtail-MTB_73096.htm

The frame is too small for me and I've found a good replacement that I plan to buy. In terms of condition, it's a 17", used three or four times - a little cable rub at the front but no scratches and certainly no cracks.

Offers around £65 accepted (Postage on top, or collection from Bristol)

I want to get a clevis link made up for the Stumpy that'll let me run a "normal" shock rather than just the brain that's on there. Not a terrible bit of kit but being a little older it doesn't work quite so well as when new etc and I have an RP23 spare anyway. Might have to pay a visit to the CNC thread...

Ghetto tubeless trial #1: Split the 20" tube, stuck the tyre on, bunged 120ml of agricultural sealant inside, grabbed the bead with a few pushes on the track pump. Gave it some spins and bounces, stuck it up to 50psi and will periodically spin it throughout the evening and see what's left in the morning. Once I'm happy it's all sealed up I'll get the excess tube trimmed down and make it look pro as f**k.

20150414_204127_zpsyjhhlbsh.jpg

20150414_205926_zpswt5rfz1p.jpg

• Like 1

Half a 20" tube and a tad of sealant will add negligible weight at best. More intrigued to see if it lives up to the whole puncture-resistant/self-sealing/springier/"alive" hype that seems to be spread around so much than saving weight (bike is around 11.5kg at present, so not too much of a concern) ;)

25lbs? That seems rather light!

The feeling is great, makes the bike feel more alive, I've not had a puncture on the mtb in over a decade so that's not my reasoning to convert to tubeless.

Just picked up an almost new rubber queen ust for 8 quid on eBay, it's got a torn bead though so it will go into the back of the triton with a tube :)

Ghetto tubeless trial #1: Split the 20" tube, stuck the tyre on, bunged 120ml of agricultural sealant inside, grabbed the bead with a few pushes on the track pump. Gave it some spins and bounces, stuck it up to 50psi and will periodically spin it throughout the evening and see what's left in the morning. Once I'm happy it's all sealed up I'll get the excess tube trimmed down and make it look pro as f**k.

That's always the aim with this kind of thing isn't it? Ghetto, looks PAF and big amounts of win (hopefully)

So how did it work then guinea pig? Since you flat out stole got the idea from that vid I posted int other thread, (notifications told me you liked it, you sneaky bast :P ) you can at least tell me how well it works in real world conditions.

More specifically, I'm seriously considering doing this on the inspired as it's recently become allergic to air and any tube I put in it, and it's starting to piss me the f**k off. It's also got two undrilled rims and beads that I believe would have no problems with this. I've also a roadie that'd be cool to convert, and I can use up the 10+ inspired tube graveyard I currently have...

So in light of this, would you mind, if possible, telling me how well if retains pressure at say, 60ish psi? Inspired is 50 in the front, 55-60 in the back and roadie runs at 75-80 pound so I'd 60 overnight would do for a good test.

Cheers.

I didn't get around to setting up the rear wheel last night as I'd planned, but the front (now wonderfully trimmed excess, looking 100% unsuspecting) sitll hasn't dropped any pressure from the ~50psi I stuck in to begin with. I'm actually amazed, as I was expecting it to be flat the morning after installation, then that evening, then this mornin gbut it's been spot on.

Haven't ridden the thing yet, hoping to get out on the bike tomorrow afternoon if weather/work permits so will report back.

Oh and I'd seen the method before, but thanks ;)

• Like 1

Oh and I'd seen the method before, but thanks ;)

Just to make sure, I was just being pisstakey and tongue in cheek.

Thanks for the info, I realise you didn't have to do that. One of the YT comments on the vid says Jared Graves uses it, true or not idk and to be honest I don't really care, but It gave the idea some validation for me at least.

As mentioned, I've not ridden it yet but it's held pressure well straight off the bat so I can't imagine it being too bad for a ride. Tempted to do the rear with no sealant (not for a ride, just at home!) to see how tight it all sits naturally as I'd imagine that's why it's not dropped, despite neither the rims nor tyres being sold as UST.

I just accidentally marzocchi 44 rc3 ti :)

Anyone want to buy some reba teams? Excellent condition, work perfectly just a touch too short for my frame. Got to figure out how to convert a 20mm bulb to a 15mm axle :D

Travel, steerer length/size and price dude?

85-115mm travel, steerer is 210mm 1 1/8".

They're 2008 Reba teams, dual air, u-turn travel adjust, motion control compression/rebound damping, poploc remote lock out, 9mm qr, iso disk mount, around 1700g.

I bought then off Paul Oliver (curtis rider) last year, he had them from new and fully refurbished and serviced them before selling to me. I've since put about 100odd miles on them so still running smooth as hell. Paul sprayed the lowers black and applied new stickers.

The forks are super smooth and plush, they honestly piss all over my old z1 bam bombers which suprised me and they have mental amounts of adjustment available. The stanchions are in excellent condition with no wear or scratches, the seals are all good.

The only negatives would be that a tiny amount of oil weeps out of the top of the u-turn travel adjuster if you leave the bike upside down for a long time, this is a common fault with the reba and tf tuned can fix it if needed, it doesn't bother me enough to mess around with though. The poploc action when locking the fork out is a bit vague, there's a knack to getting it to lock out straight away but it stays locked no problems.

I would keep the rebas if they were an inch longer but as the marzocchis came up at the right price I couldn't say no! I paid 100 for the rebas and the going price for them at the moment seems to be around 100-120, I'll let them go for 80 + postage at cost if that's fair?

Edited by forteh