Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

I need a narrow wide I think. On a side point, managed to score a SRAM x9 mech and shifter for a tenner. Don't need a clutch mech with the strength of the return spring on it. It's properly strong, takes a lot of effort to move it

Narrow wide is on the cards, just can't afford it this month after buying the forks and other bike bits needed to get it all working. My current setup of the Blackspire lower roller, 3D printed top guide and a bashguard work well though! I want to keep some form of bashguard as I occasionally mess up going over rocks :P maybe I can make up a half ring

New Conti rubber, homemade mudguards (the rear is to keep the seat tube clean as it's a twat to wash, might lose it though) and given it a wash as living on a farm leaves everything filthy.

Next up is a dropper, longer forks and probably a slightly longer stem.

IMG_20150208_151042_zpsd9a5bv6l.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

New job means commuter needs some accessories so just ordered some pannier bags and a rear rack, also managed to blag a carbon fork upgrade for free and bought a Charge Spoon saddle so will get some new pics when it's all fitted!

It's funny how as you get older you suddenly lose your hatred for useful things like mudguards, skinny tyres and panniers.

• Like 1

Also made a few changes to my full bounce and looking forward to how much lighter its going to be.

Saints to SRAM XO cranks

MRP chain device and bash to E13 bashless guide

Fox 36s 160s to Fox 32s 140s

20mm hub to 15mm hub.

Der Kaisers to Mountain kings...Going to miss the grip!! But will be faster rolling.

Also a new cassette. Heavier than the last but a wider range. Now rocking 32 front 34 rear. Gets me up the hills no bother.

Thankfully I'm not there you old bugger. In fact I'm going the other way and have just bought a new BMX :). Act your shoe size and all that!

You can't kid me, I can just imagine you rolling around campus on an old shopper with a dynamo wearing a tweed jacket (Y)

• Like 1

Rack and panniers fitted, for a tenner for the bags they're seriously good value! Just on for selling the forks on my heckler then I can buy Boothys wheels and forks from his On One and get some Pro 2's fitted to this (Y)

IMG_20150305_155220_zpstu57pf5g.jpg

• Like 1

Whacked an expander ring on my 9 spd set up, works fine through the gears on the floor so fingers crossed all is good when I try it out! I want a narrow wide and half bash so I can ditch my round bash, chain guide and roller. Currently not running an 11t sprocket but will ditch the 12t instead once I have machined of the lip on the 11t (sits into a groove in the 12t so is wider spaced currently than the others).

2015-03-09%2021.41.11_zpseikbgdmm.jpg

• Like 2

IIs that the correct length rear shock? Looks kinda awkward?

It's probably the angle of the photo, it was done off my phone. Yes it is, I checked to make sure as the i drive linkage won't work unless it's right. It's weird how my feet stay in the same place but the bike moves around underneath me. Really good feel

Picked this up a few weeks ago for cheap money:

post-36867-0-58023900-1426880172_thumb.j

So far fitted a hope m4 on the front with a 200mm disk, hope mini on the rear with new sintered pads, new 36t front sprocket and cleaned the rear cassette.

Need to take it for a good ride, but my fitness is so shit atm :(