JaF 24" street bike

1a2bcio8

I thought I would upload a picture of my new bike to promote JaF as I was offered such an amazing service that I feel Josh deserves something in return. I experienced a very prompt service with communication and an interest in my needs that went well beyond expectations. The value/service ratio is high.

The bike rides really well. The steel feels good with the right amount of dampening - I don't see myself returning to alu at any point. I'm happy and definitely recommend using JaF :)

946945_10152791205205316_2018969488_n.jp

• Like 4

Thanks for the comments. I was expecting more criticism given that my frame is looking even more bmx like...

I really-really want to see this bike in action. Because it so outstanding. Gear ratio? Is it still good for trials?

24:14 at the moment but it's too much. I can still sidehop reasonably but backhops aren't very doable. I'm going to drop down to 24:15 and give that a go. I want to continue doing trials lines but in a more tech sense than distance/height so having a harder gear shouldn't impinge too much.

seat tube gusset for 360 resistance?

i like!

geo?

ht around 75° i´d guess

Yeah that's the area I tend to break bikes so that gusset will hopefully help against that happening.

The head angle is indeed 75. Good guess! Instantly it's opened up front wheel moves. I was concerned it might be too much but it's perfect.

Looking good Ben, I like the cranks as well. Have you ever thought about using a 24" bmx frame and fork? Something like the sunday model c http://cruiserrevolution.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/jim-bauers-sunday-model-c.jpg

This is something I've talked to Nick Cooke about or he's suggested. I'm unsure about moving too far away from trials geo though to the extent that it's not enjoyable to do it even on a lower, more tech level.

Looks great, guessing the high seat tube is for hang stuff?

It's for hang nothings, my height and the aesthetic the seat-tube pressed right into the frame :)

Is it me or the bike just looks out of proportion?

The proportions are different to normal because Ben's proportionately different in size to most people, but calling it "out" of proportion might be a little heavy-handed ;)