Best looking 24" street trial bike?

nicolasp1405

There's a lot more to dislike about Leeson bikes than there is to like.

I'm not fond of their skinny seat tubes. The tensioning system is crap too. No push up and lock tensioner has ever worked that well.

The welding of the seat tubes like that on the 24 is creating more places for it to crack in that area.

Am I right in saying the BB is pressed in? It’s so much easier having a screw in BB.

Saying all of that, I do love the 360 dropouts.

I'm not fond of their skinny seat tubes. The tensioning system is crap too. No push up and lock tensioner has ever worked that well.

The welding of the seat tubes like that on the 24 is creating more places for it to crack in that area.

Am I right in saying the BB is pressed in? It’s so much easier having a screw in BB.

Saying all of that, I do love the 360 dropouts.

I get were your coming from but the tensioner can be pushed down and it always work well for me

Iv not seen one snap or crack at the seat tube but i do agree that a screw in bb would be easier

I'm kind of glad someone's actually said that - I've never really been a big fan of them, and having ridden with Joel when he had his and witnessed the issues with chain tension pretty much every ride and then the rigamarole of changing his BB they just seemed a lot of hassle. Couple that to people cracking them and it just seemed to me like they were largely just being viewed through rose tinted glasses as being better than they were, probably boosted by the lack of any real alternative apart from Curtis frames for the most part (apart from when the ET24's came out I guess).

The way that almost everyone who owned a Leeson used to run a back-to-front seatpost was a massive let-down aesthetically too. People ran some fairly hideous looking seat/post combos on them.

• Like 1

I can't get behind that valve/tyre logo positioning.

Takes me an extra 10 minutes to fit new tyres to make sure they line up okay. The new conti's onto Atomlab rims were a nightmare though, the Atomlab logos aren't symmetrical...

He could have least got some red tape too.

Edited by AndrewEH1

Since we're slating it to fu ck. Saddle needs slammed. It's like looking at a gunt* with that seat tube showing.

Old cranks rubbed to f**k on a new build? Mate! Naw! Yuv git more sponsors than Rowan Johns, so pit sim new yins on.

*where a woman's gut meets her cun t and it becomes confusing as to where one stops and the other begins.

Edited by Ross McArthur
  • Like 5