Such a hard choice (inspired arcade news and info)

nicolasp1405

On a related note, does anyone know how easy it would be to convert a 12mm through' axle rear Hope Evo to the standard 10mm bolt in jobbie? I'm guessing from looking on Tarty that it's an axle, end caps and bolts but are the bearings the same?

Yep (Y)

Why I should be banned? Because you don't like me?

No. It's because you were banned and started an account in a different name, several times, and other people have been booted for that same reason. I actually agree with you to an extent about the arcade being over priced, but unlike you I won't waste my time complaining, I just won't buy one.

No. It's because you were banned and started an account in a different name, several times, and other people have been booted for that same reason. I actually agree with you to an extent about the arcade being over priced, but unlike you I won't waste my time complaining, I just won't buy one.

I wanted to not get involved in this thread, but this particular sentiment bugs the shit out of me.

I'm glad you've the sensibility to accept it and move on, but there is a big difference between "over-priced" and "expensive".

I wanted to not get involved in this thread, but this particular sentiment bugs the shit out of me.

I'm glad you've the sensibility to accept it and move on, but there is a big difference between "over-priced" and "expensive".

Well you're entitled to you opinion as I am to mine, and my opinion is that it's over priced. If that bugs the shit out of you then I don't particularly care.
  • Like 1

Well you're entitled to you opinion as I am to mine, and my opinion is that it's over priced. If that bugs the shit out of you then I don't particularly care.

Not to continue an argument but in my mind over priced would mean an artificially inflated price to provide extra profit for the company. I reckon the actual markup on the bike will be almost identical to the markup on the whole Inspired range (and most likely a lot of other big bike firms). It's expensive because of the spec and also because of the expense put into the development (not just the manufacture) of the frame and forks. If you put all the components on a Marino then sure you could do the same bike for maybe £1300 but to get the level of attention to detail the Inspired gives, from dropouts, tensioners, fork down to cranks, bash/ring etc. you have to pay for it. Even the bars aren't just a rebranded catalogue item that has been specced for the Arcade which adds to the expense.

You can see it a little more clearly in this image:

1463938_678138792209932_882940466_n.jpg

Mark, is there are some way not to use this micro chain tugs? For example to just use some big strong tightened bolts like on this frame:

And also a question about steerer tube: what lenght does it have, or it's ok and with Arcade bars and you don't need a tower of stackers anymore?

post-36334-0-53355400-1385015291_thumb.j

Edited by TriаlsRider

If you didn't want to use the tugs, just Pro 2 bolts hold the wheel in place OK. The tugs just make setup way easier initially, and also when your chain stretches.

The standard bike has a pretty high front end anyway thanks to the geo, bar and stem. The frame kit has a full length steerer though which allows you to run quite a few more stackers if you want to. I've got 40mm on mine, but that's with a Hope stem which has a relatively low stack height.