Koxx enter liquidation

Mark W

All the popular try all parts will be taken over by other brands, and there will also be a new brand in trials. Which I think Gilles will go to.

I think it's good for the sport really as it gives more companies the chance.

It will be companies like rockman who will buy the remaining parts that havnt been paid for, the factories will have to sell them to some one.

As for Vincent I believe his training for his nursing or medical qualification will take over his ridding more and his future

We at Echo are very sadness to hear this news of course. I lie. There have been many new biketrials companies beginning in last years and so I think Koxx will not be missed. I already send Gilles, Vincent and others messages offering support but do not expect fast reply.

Mr Deng

• Like 5

It says 'European trials brand', so that wouldn't include RockMan - they just happen to operate in a similar way (not too surprising bearing in mind most trials companies are shit and do the same kinda thing).

It wasn't Rockman they were talking about, it was Koxx. Koxx still owes them A LOT of product, which they probably will not receive sadly. :(

We at Echo are very sadness to hear this news of course. I lie. There have been many new biketrials companies beginning in last years and so I think Koxx will not be missed. I already send Gilles, Vincent and others messages offering support but do not expect fast reply.

Mr Deng

Your forks snap, your cranks snap, your freewheels are made from cheese and your frames are a horrific geometry.

Good luck signing a world class rider like Gilles / Vincent.

Although i'm pretty sure this is a Troll!

someone who is able to invest a few thousands will appear and do the same as koxx did,product wise,imo.

isnt it all the same.nowadays companies dont manufacture their stuff theirselves,they order it in shenzhen, an "industrial city with freight port" as i would call it.

maybe its about time for customers to jump off the discounter train and buy stuff from people like hope,heatsink,marino and so on again,getting "real" products instead of mass produced ones.(edit:okay,hope do kinda mass prod.but its all done by them)

nothing against the guys behind koxx,but i always had the thought of overpriced snaphappy stuff about their products.

btw a frame costs someone who orders more then 100 items in shenzhen around 60.-€,once the jigs are adjusted.

thats with powder coating

Edited by FamilyBiker

Your forks snap, your cranks snap, your freewheels are made from cheese and your frames are a horrific geometry.

Yup, frame geo is so horrific no one will touch a 26" Echo Pure or 24" Echo.

Oh, wait....

Biketrials is very high stress sport. At Echo we offer option for light and less strong or heavier and more strong. When using aluminium eventually all component will fail after long time. I do not understand what you say about freewheels. They are made from steel with titianium as option. There is no cheese involved in manufacture. Geometry is very personal. Echo sell thousands of frames per year and we do not hear many bad things back from customers. If they were bad people would not buy?

• Like 1

Very sad news, certainly a company that was at the forefront of the trials scene. Its not the first time one on the major players has gone into liguidation, who remembers Megamo? They where innovative and well ahead of their time!

I think that this will have a big effect on the competition side of the sport as koxx are seen as the leading brand in the sport and have been for a long time, i had their first 20" (flip) and now iv just possibly bought their last (sky 3 gold).

:(

Dude... Every fork snaps after some time, and they have been holding up for a loooot of people..

Of course the SL cranks won't be as durable as lets say, trialtech. But the buyers obiously knows this. And the cranks suit some light people, but shouldn't be used for harder riders. Choose the parts that suit your riding.

The freewheels might not be as up to class as they used to be, but they are still the best freewheel out there. And how come you've had a couple of echo freewheels if they are made from cheese?

Each to their own about the geo's, but they where obviously good enough for you since you've had 2 echo 24"? And are good enough for a looooot of others...

• Like 1

Biketrials is very high stress sport. At Echo we offer option for light and less strong or heavier and more strong. When using aluminium eventually all component will fail after long time. I do not understand what you say about freewheels. They are made from steel with titianium as option. There is no cheese involved in manufacture. Geometry is very personal. Echo sell thousands of frames per year and we do not hear many bad things back from customers. If they were bad people would not buy?

I thought this Mr Deng sort was a troll.

I kind of believe its actually the owner of Echo now.

Oopsie!

Looks like a good time for Trialtech/Inspired to start work on a comp style frame if they haven't already, as a trusted and respected company i'm sure they would flourish even more.

As for the riders Im pretty sure they will have to be a little bit more diverse in looking for sponsors instead of just relying on one. Lets hope they start making some sweet vids.

• Like 1

Looks like a good time for Trialtech/Inspired to start work on a comp style frame if they haven't already, as a trusted and respected company i'm sure they would flourish even more.

As for the riders Im pretty sure they will have to be a little bit more diverse in looking for sponsors instead of just relying on one. Lets hope they start making some sweet vids.

ive been looking foreward to a trialtech frame for years, i imagine it would be light and strong and great value

• Like 2