FAO: Those with proper jobs. How many hours a week?

N.Wood

37 standard. Can do as much as I like extra for either ham* or flexi-leave. Combat Systems Engineer on naval ships.

I commission the weapons Rainbird fires. ;)

*(overtime)

We usually have stints at sea for 2-3 weeks at a time during test firing so im used to long hours and being away from home for periods of time but I'm actually considering a job change at the moment and im wondering if anyone works a 2 on 2 off or 3 on 3 off type rota and how they get on with it? My partner's father works 3 and 3 and most times he's home he goes abroad snowboarding etc etc. Seems like a good set up to me! Anyone care to share their experiences?

Mines like that, I do Monday-Thursday week one, then Monday-weds weeks 2 and 3. Never have to do Fridays or weekends, if they are its usually overtime. Shift change is the best, finish at 6pm weds night and we aren't back until 6pm Monday night. 4 1/2 days off every 3 weeks

42.5. 7:30 - 4:30 Mon - Thurs, 7:30 - 4. That's as a design engineer at an architectural metalwork company. It's low stress in a pretty relaxed office and I leave at bang on 4:30 every day, still full of energy to get stuff done outside work, which is perfect for me right now.

Edited by RobinJI

Only contracted for 20 hours a week but usually end up doing anywhere from 30-45, all depends on how short staffed we are to the number of hours I get.

Just finished a ten day stint of nine and a hour hour+ shifts covering for a colleague.

I'm a master baker for the co-op

(Yes that is my job title)

Topic would be more interesting if we'll consider income, so we can compare earnings efficiency.

Criminal, can't name sphere. 1-8 hours/day. Average~3.5/day and ~ 14 hours/week. Income now vary from 0 to 600 eur/day if lucky may be more. Averagely I have something around 8000 eur/month.

post-36652-0-26426700-1399062043_thumb.j

Topic would be more interesting if we'll consider income, so we can compare earnings efficiency.

Criminal, can't name sphere. 1-8 hours/day. Average~3.5/day and ~ 14 hours/week. Income now vary from 0 to 600 eur/day if lucky may be more. Averagely I have something around 8000 eur/month.

What crimes do you actually do?

You make something lik £6K per month then you brag how bad it is there, and you would like to move

Do I smell something here?

And I take home 4K a month every month, and 6k in April and October.

What's your point?

Why don't we just get our dicks out and compare those? Its basically the same.

ps. Why do you still live with your parents if you earn that much?

Edited by dngr2self

you are so cool I really want to be you when I grow up. all this talking about how much of a criminal rider you are makes me excited to have as many things to complain about as you do :dance:

Contracted to about 25 hours a week but always get loads more shifts than that. Working in a bike workshop and in a pub. Happy doing that sort of hours a week cause it means I get to have free time to do what I want and do some awesome stuff before I make any real commitments to anything. :)

I do at least 84 a week. However that's for stints up to around 6 weeks at a time offshore. Then I usually get roughly the same amount of time off at home. The best bit is I qualify for SED so I get most of my uk tax back :).

Ross, I can go skiing or abroad wherever I want really while I'm off as long as I let the company know.

Edited by GavLawson
  • Like 1

I do at least 84 a week. However that's for stints up to around 6 weeks at a time offshore. Then I usually get roughly the same amount of time off at home. The best bit is I qualify for SED so I get most of my uk tax back :).

Ross, I can go skiing or abroad wherever I want really while I'm off as long as I let the company know.

What is it you do?

You make something lik £6K per month then you brag how bad it is there, and you would like to move

Do I smell something here?

Russia is a third-world country and whan I have is not so much, I know guy who earn in a month as much as I earn in a year, he works in Gazprom, regional top-management. But he works pretty hard, so I don't envy him so much.

For example f**king luxury cars that are not so expensive at all costs 2-2.5 times more in Russia than in US. No, this is not the biggest problem, but there are many of them. You can just read wiki to get the picture.

Russia is good for one thing - earning money. No matter how, half-legal business or stealing of all kinds (from state budget for example). But imo there are no better place to just live at your pleasure than top countries of Europe (Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, UK). In Norway living in prison = living like a king according to poor Russians and their housing. Absolutely seriously.

About migration policy and other stupid shit, there are no such problem. There are dozens of illegal options how to move and get citizenship and also a few legal(business/investments) ones. If you have money you have no problems.

The last question is what country move to, it's very important question.

The main factors are: good climate (suit almost any country of EU, because our climate is hell), good infrastructure (high quality of roads, clean streets, beauty parks), good people (polite, respectful), low crime rate. Also it would be cool to have some guns legally, especially automatic, but it's not so important.

Also I want to make some social research to compare people from developed European country to Russians. To bust some myths and find out something interesting.