First street trial contest # France

freestyl''air

I liked it.

Some massive moves in there, a lot of stuff I wasn't expecting. Although, once again there does seem to be waaaaay too many footjam whips!

Some people may not like the 'sell out' side of it, which I understand, but then again, if they wanted to have fun by making a bit of a show/comp out of it, I don't see the problem, each to their own.

I do have a feeling though, If it had been made/uploaded by someone other than freestyl"air and featured other riders doing the same stuff, It would have gotten a different reaction, a lot of jumping on the bandwagon In these threads......

JohnLanglois - Your pretty mental!

Was good to see Rodrigue in there too :)

Does seem a very french thing to do :P

What is that..... lets to a fmx comp. with less style, size and tricks. wow... they have really lost the point of trials.

• Like 1

I see what some are saying but trials was born from modified bmxs and mounting bikes . It was not until the late 90s when the first trials bike with no seat ever come out. Before that tgs was not even thought of. So this "it's not trials " thing don't really hold up. I do agree that some times that there are moves that come from Bmxing but thes are the tricks that people go "wow" at. But just cos it's not a tgs vid does not make it wrong. I am not going after tgs riders cos I do have respect for what you gents do . At the end of the day love it or hate it ,it's a style that has been born from a mix of every part of our sport and others (Bmx) These guys have skills that do pay the bills and you can't take that away from them. I liked the video and if you have ever seen Leo ride in real life you would not say his style is crap.

Each to there own I guess.

Edited by old boy chez

if you have ever seen Leo ride in real life you would not say his style is crap.

Each to there own I guess.

Each to their own indeed. I don't enjoy Leo's style. I just don't like the way he looks on a bike. He's got the bag of tricks, he can go big but he just doesn't bode well with my taste.

+1 on the tap whip. Shame it wasn't used in a proper video, on say, over a gap or something that shows it off well. The prize money was more than what DH riders get at a national level, and they have to pay to enter!

• Like 1

I suppose it's bringing new stuff into place

The thing is - it isn't... It's just doing old BMX tricks and trying to get away with doing something new. Sure Danny Mac started all that but for the most part, he took stuff like footjam whips and adapted them to trials, like the 360 footjam whip drops etc.

There was a time in BMX when the pros realised they could enter a MTB comp, do a safe run consisting of their average tricks and win a load of cash. Those guys got ripped to shreds, bit like the idiots riding those rocker things atm if anyone follows BMX. This is basically the same thing, glorified park rats riding "trials"...

I watched it expecting to hate it - saw that last French thing with all the footjam whips and expected the same.

But this was really good - I do prefer the "flow-ier" street manual linked riding but on a setup like that there wasn't much opportunity. Big riding some great moves - some that I wasn't expecting.

If you out on your bike having fun who gives a flying f**k if people want to call it "trials" or "BMX" or street. If it make you happy then keep progressing and pushing with it.

• Like 1

I liked it.

Some massive moves in there, a lot of stuff I wasn't expecting. Although, once again there does seem to be waaaaay too many footjam whips!

Some people may not like the 'sell out' side of it, which I understand, but then again, if they wanted to have fun by making a bit of a show/comp out of it, I don't see the problem, each to their own.

I do have a feeling though, If it had been made/uploaded by someone other than freestyl"air and featured other riders doing the same stuff, It would have gotten a different reaction, a lot of jumping on the bandwagon In these threads......

JohnLanglois - Your pretty mental!

Was good to see Rodrigue in there too :)

Does seem a very french thing to do :P

That video was awful, the riding was sloppy which i guess is down to them using the wrong bikes..