Custom Console MT5 Brakes

Dman

You asked me about the bars before Ross, luckily I powder coat ed my inspired bars black, they might make a come back because I think the da bombs are slightly bent. I like how the da bombs are thinner at the clamping area, just looks nicer, they are so similar though really in terms of feel.

Looks sweet bud! There are only a couple of things that are not to my tastes*, but looks good!

I love the current raceface cranks, just a shame that the spider interface isn't universal / same as hopes, then you could have had the new bashring combo!!

*incase you care - I'd have had black bars / got rid of those crank boots. I hate crank boots. They just annoy me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ben_travis said:

Looks sweet bud! There are only a couple of things that are not to my tastes*, but looks good!

I love the current raceface cranks, just a shame that the spider interface isn't universal / same as hopes, then you could have had the new bashring combo!!

*incase you care - I'd have had black bars / got rid of those crank boots. I hate crank boots. They just annoy me.

I wanted the hopes but I think these are the next best thing really, they should have made the interface compatible because that bash combo looks so good.

I probably will go to black bars to be honest although I like the grey but the finish is Shit on them and it annoys me.

Embrace the orange booty's Ben.

I'm running some on my SLX cranks on the Arcade as the ends are the bits that suffer most (for us non-UCI people). I've also got some coming for my Whyte as it has a really low BB and they were the right colour... :D 

Not keen on the grey to be honest- doesn't really 'pop' in any way. Might've worked better (IMO) if it was a real dark gun metal or similar. Maybe with some carefully chosen graphics on the main frame it might work better but if you're happy who cares? Orange is a winner though.

The beauty of these custom builds is that you don't have to give a toss whether anyone else likes it. I've done the orange and grey thing, too, so I obviously like it – yours looks better. It'd drive me mad that the oranges don't match though. 

Video.

• Like 1