TFTD2 Roll Call - 26th April. Put your names down in here.

dann2707

27 minutes ago, MadManMike said:

Jimmy and I are gonna come up on the 25th and camp somewhere overnight.

Anyone local-ish got a garden we can pitch in?

Will pay in beer and meat.

I'm afraid that my garden isn't particularly big enough to pitch a tent in, whilst I might have some floor space is a little inconvenient with the kids etc.

I could probably let you camp out on our company car park though, not grassed but private land so should be OK to pitch up with permission. Literally 5 minutes drive from the track.

edit: on second thoughts you would need to be up and out the way around 7 sharpish. Let me think about that one as it might be possible.

Edited by forteh

I still reckon Jim's supercharged mk2.5 will be a contender.

Ed - do you know of any camp sites nearby? Fullbrook Farm looks like a good shout, might enquire there.

Don't worry about the car park, we're looking for slightly more than that - showers and such like :)

Luke - no innuendos, we're offering cock and balls for camping.

• Like 2

No worries, realistically couldn't offer shower and stuff even if you were at mine (assuming you could manage to camp on my patio :D) with it being a school day and stuff; definitely not at work!  Don't know of any off hand, a nice bnb is your best bet though, much nicer to have a decent sleep and breakfast beforehand, there's no guarantee of that if you're camping.

4 hours ago, Pashley26 said:

I just purchased this. 

12983328_1733047603577080_36696158942223

I have 0 regard for it's health or continued existence. 

It's a 300HP WRX STI with the Prodrive pack.

I'm going to win this year. 

I very nearly bought one of these last week. Have always fancied one (not necessarily this model), should be good fun on the road and in the garage. (Y)

Indeed.

I think one day when I learn how to edit, I'd like to get clips of an Impreza at a track day then re-dub it using a sad basset hound, like the mid-section of this:

Apparently real life beat me to it.  Some classic "Impreza at 3 Sisters" action:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark W said:

Apparently real life beat me to it.  Some classic "Impreza at 3 Sisters" action:

Brilliant... Btw, I did a bit of cheeky timing on Sunday while you were out, your totally standard hairdresser on Chinese road tyres is (ever so slightly) faster than that Scoob...

How does that work :S  Was driving way worse than I was last time I was there...  Don't think I got a single half decent lap the whole time I was there.  Semi related to that, but I was almost tempted to get a GoPro just to totallynotatall do some timing and to see where I could improve, but bitched out in the end.

Also, Puma owners lead me to believe that's impossible in any case?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Brilliant... Btw, I did a bit of cheeky timing on Sunday while you were out, your totally standard hairdresser on Chinese road tyres is (ever so slightly) faster than that Scoob...

Not hard, they're all driven by c**ts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark W said:

How does that work :S  Was driving way worse than I was last time I was there...  Don't think I got a single half decent lap the whole time I was there.  Semi related to that, but I was almost tempted to get a GoPro just to totallynotatall do some timing and to see where I could improve, but bitched out in the end.

Also, Puma owners lead me to believe that's impossible in any case?

Corner speed m888. Feel free to borrow my GoPro or lap timer any time...

Haha, yep... Still need to put my videos up from the day I crashed, there was a mid 46 in there I think.

9 hours ago, dann2707 said:

Me when I see your face of course!

Okay, I shall re-phrase - an epic variety of cars will be there!

@Haz am I still buying your bootmat if you have it? 

False floor is yours if you want it. Just taking up space in my cupboard this time.

Ahhhh man. 

I'm so sorry guys but I will not be able to make it :( 

Stephanie and I had all this week booked off because it's my birthday on Thursday, and then I was going to come to the sprint day on my day off next Tuesday. 

We're in London at the moment, drove down yesterday and went out to the theatre and got shit faced etc. 

Stephanie just got a phone call saying her Grandad has stopped breathing, been rushed into hospital. Turns out he's got a really advanced cancer and it's spread to his bones. All sorts going wrong. 

So we are driving back up north today to see him and we are staying up all week, which is going to mean all the things I had to do this week will need to be done on Tuesday next week :( 

Sorry guys :(