Inspired in Lisbon

Mark W

Aaron, Ben and Ali (as well as Ian and I!) headed over to Lisbon last month.  We had a rad time over there and hit up some really fun spots.  Filming was a bit of a random tag-team GoPros-on-poles affair, but Ben threw the clips together and made this pretty cool video:

• Like 7

Ive been keeping away from all the 'hype' insta clips because I knew this was going to be good and didn't want to waste it for myself.

It did not disappoint!!

Lines like Aarons at 3.15 really tickled my fancy. Shame there wasnt more done on that block at 6.15, idve been all over that.

The slide down the slope with camera in hand worked so well! You boys should be happy with that. Talking cameras, was there a steady cam used? Bens line at 6.40 was very smoothly shot...

Ali's bash looks like a crank moustache. 

Did the second song have any links to the TGS scene? 

1 hour ago, Ross McArthur said:

Lines like Aarons at 3.15 really tickled my fancy. Shame there wasnt more done on that block at 6.15, idve been all over that.

There was a bit more that happened (and there are some photos of said things), but it was all relatively low key.  Plus we were in the process of packing up to go get some coffees and f**king delicious custard pastry things from round the corner.

It was largely filmed using Ian's Rollei gimbal thing.  Pretty good at keeping things smooth, but I'm not sure how keen I am on how it allows you to move the camera to change the framing of clips and all that jazz.

49 minutes ago, Hopping_Topsy said:

How many tries did it take? :P

Think he 1-timed it off camera, then had a bit of a battle when the camera came out.

Awesome video... Took me by surprise in a way since you guys said you didn't get round to filming anything. So glad you did film though, gets me so motivated when a good edit comes out.

I also noticed some sick filming for Ben's line down the steep banked building thing, made the line look even more crazy.

Nice one lads. :-D

Also,

aaron_slide.jpg

Related to that, that bank is way steeper than it looks, and you couldn't really tell how rough the run-out was going to be.  Even the ride in was pretty grim, there was a big old drop to the side of the bank that Ben rides up, so if you get it wrong it's bad, bad times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark W said:

Also,

aaron_slide.jpg

Related to that, that bank is way steeper than it looks, and you couldn't really tell how rough the run-out was going to be.  Even the ride in was pretty grim, there was a big old drop to the side of the bank that Ben rides up, so if you get it wrong it's bad, bad times.

9 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

That's mint lads. I definitely knew it couldn't have been done on a skateboard anyway.