How to ride a bike

JJ Leigh

Hi all, fancy learning how to ride a bike? You guessed it - It's you're famous annoying social media host, Jordan Leigh here, typically know for "I am Kate" but today, things just got serious.

Bikes are fun n' all but what about Vlogs? Here was our day, sadly a very accurate representation of our every day riding lives, messing around and doing tricks. 

So here you have it, 20 minutes of my ugly mug and some beginner attempts at some stuntage. 

Please don't be offended, its the trials forum, be happy yall 

• Like 2

I guess if you're younger and your sense of humour matches it's not as weird so I'll leave my being older and far darker sence of humour out of it. 

It was a whole load of filler for not much riding, although the clips of riding were pretty cool at times. I'd way rather see a group ride video of just the highlights personally. 

I see why Ali is Vlogging though to everyone else just trying it I aren't really into it. Bike checks to who gives a shit about a bike check on a standard inspired (not aimed at you guys *Cough J H)

Also calling you out on the drop gap as whoever pointed the gap out had the right idea and then when it came to it you landed at the completely different part. Want to see one of you get that with a seat. 

• Like 6

On 30/10/2016 at 10:03 AM, Paperclip said:

I guess if you're younger and your sense of humour matches it's not as weird so I'll leave my being older and far darker sence of humour out of it. 

I messed up the quote thing but yes, drop gap shall be done ;) I've done it already but I'll get it on film next time I'm there just for you <3 

19 hours ago, ZArgrave said:

I'm not guna bother watching this instead I'll just form an opinion on it based on Jordan Leigh as a person

get over yourself haha, so immature for your age it still makes me laugh. In person you have nothing to say, so funny.

No argument to start now, you just make me laugh. That be it boyo x

Edited by JJ Leigh

I'm confused, and don't have Facebook so I miss all that you are talking about. 

You speak like he's 14, in this video he appears to be early 20s and acts like a 12 year old. :dunno: are there really groups of people who ride those 24" bikes around like this? Shit... Worse than pogo crews going to one wall and side hopping it for 3 hours...

I guess not many still just ride their bikes up and over everything they see without putting their foot down.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, AndyT said:

I guess not many still just ride their bikes up and over everything they see without putting their foot down.

They do exist, they're just hard to find because they're more inclined to go out and quietly enjoy themselves than scream about themselves to the internet.
...I'm not saying I know where they are either - I'm eagerly on the hunt for more as riding companionship is tricky - but I know a few so feel it stands to reason that there's more.

• Like 6

On November 2, 2016 at 0:26 PM, aener said:

They do exist, they're just hard to find because they're more inclined to go out and quietly enjoy themselves than scream about themselves to the internet.
...I'm not saying I know where they are either - I'm eagerly on the hunt for more as riding companionship is tricky - but I know a few so feel it stands to reason that there's more.

Hey... Imagine having one other rider in all of the U.K... That's my life, unless I want to drive 10+ hours...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

I have often wondered if you lot would lap up trials as much as we do (still not as much as the Spanish mind you!)

There really were a lot more trials riders in USA 15 years ago or so.  Back when any decent mtb guy on a DJ bike could wildly bunnyhop crap in the city and call it trials.  I seriously get to ride with other people a few times a year.

8 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Start a display team. Make a fortune.

lol.  

Related to OP.  I actually watched a few of Ali C's vlogs.  There are a few other riders whose vlogs I'd watch if they put them out.  But JJ is in the same group as most other riders... not vlog worthy.  (I did try watching it).  Keep it to video of the day and <60 second instagram and I might be able to tolerate. 

• Like 2

On 04/11/2016 at 4:01 PM, cwtrials said:

There really were a lot more trials riders in USA 15 years ago or so.  Back when any decent mtb guy on a DJ bike could wildly bunnyhop crap in the city and call it trials.  I seriously get to ride with other people a few times a year.

lol.  

Related to OP.  I actually watched a few of Ali C's vlogs.  There are a few other riders whose vlogs I'd watch if they put them out.  But JJ is in the same group as most other riders... not vlog worthy.  (I did try watching it).  Keep it to video of the day and <60 second instagram and I might be able to tolerate. 

I'd rather not be making vlogs, but I think you'll find its not "my" vlog.... Just to clarify the plain obvious bit. 

On 04/11/2016 at 10:33 PM, HarryBradbury said:

TF has just risen to a new level of harsh in one thread...

Dont worry mate thats just trials forum, everybody is a keyboard warrior and quiet in real life, I've learnt to just ignore IT, and the immaturity haha ;)

9 hours ago, JJ Leigh said:

Dont worry mate thats just trials forum, everybody is a keyboard warrior and quiet in real life, I've learnt to just ignore IT, and the immaturity haha ;)

Why not take it as constructive criticism? The jokes weren't really funny and you guys act a bit immature. That's all. The riding was cool but if you don't get any viewers due to the above stated, why bother making vlogs?

I agree with the comment that it could have been cut down to a seven minute vlog. It depends what you're going for though, me and my friends have made videos about our escapades and the thing we've all learned is that the people that will find the jokes funniest is ourselves which is why we've never bothered 'sharing' them, making a vlog for strangers entertainment is different to making a video genuinely for yourselves. 

Still it's nice to pretend I have riding friend's through watching vlogs, I need to get out more :P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bikeperson45 said:

the people that will find the jokes funniest is ourselves which is why we've never bothered 'sharing' them, making a vlog for strangers entertainment is different to making a video genuinely for yourselves. 

I can remember watching the narrated version of, I think it was Manifesto (don't think it was Crux (I have no life)), and Ryan Leech mentioned this exact thing. I raised my eyebrows and nodded my head in agreement.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, niconj said:

Why not take it as constructive criticism? The jokes weren't really funny and you guys act a bit immature. That's all. The riding was cool but if you don't get any viewers due to the above stated, why bother making vlogs?

Oh I have taken it that way, end of the day its a reaction from people which is good to see! :) Being immature is just us i suppose, everybody can be immature from time to time, some more so than others but I don't need to explain that mate. 

And if thats the case then hey we've realised "well this one failed without intention, try a different approach next time and see then" But like I said before its NOT MY vlog, and its the ONLY one, theres not a chance in hell im going to become a vlogger haha I'll leave it to the people who know how to do it.