Thoughts on this street trial frame?

Han

• 3 weeks later...

What is this... A FRAME FOR ANTS!?!?

edit: if the fork was a bit thicker, I would yearn to awkwardly put my foot on the front tire and spin the back end FOOTJAMMER HEAVEN STTREEET STYLE then look around to see if anyone hashtagged me into #fallow4fallow fame.

Edited by AndyT
Truth spread
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

So, uh, what's up with this brand? Totally flew under my radar until I noticed a ton of people getting the same odd looking carbon frame. Seems like they're suddenly sponsoring people left and right even though then can't do four consecutive back wheel hops. (not having a dig at anyone really - some definitely are very capable riders, far better than me!)
Also, how? I can't even seem to access their website currently. :P

Suddenly made me feel quite like an old grumpy man wondering what this newfangled stuff is.

35mm does sound perfect. Light's spec sheet gives the 38mm hoops a weight of 430 grams  for the AM version (the order page gives 400g for the AM). The Spanks are 426g so if the spec sheet is right, that fails the price per gram test pretty badly. If it's closer to 26g savings per hoop that makes 52g for the set and 2x the price. Not really tempted; I really like my Spanks ;-) 

Do you know anyone with Lights 24" rims?

On 27/09/2019 at 6:43 PM, Han said:

Here’s how the bike would look like. 

D95D520F-C7D2-40BA-8AD3-B62028D1F2C0.jpeg

i don't know why, but I love that, even with the weird thic forks. 

I think its the carbon smoothness that does it for me, I'm out of touch, but the geo looks a little backwards to me? last bike I had was a HEX which looks very different

• 2 weeks later...

Cool bike, but every time when I see this thing I can't get around the fact how much copycatted the design is from Danny's Santa Cruz. Of course a simplistic carbon frame can't look too much different (keeping it good looking and strong at the same time) but I mean simple brand things like the headtube badge, seriously.. Wondering what SC thinks about that lol.. Definitely not a surprise considering the origin country, just sad how they actually make some really great stuff nowadays and not even single try to make it 100% cool even though it has potential. They even have a pretty decent logo already (a bit too Trialtechy though?)... Hurts my eyes as a grumpy overthinking designer myself but for most people it's probably allright, especially for the new younger street trials generation which this is aimed for. That said, good for the sport for sure!

Edited by Jere_h