Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

From the videos of rides he posts up it seems like Ben has quite a few friends up in his neck of the woods that I'd imagine he'd have more to talk about with?

No one listens to him. If you've spoken to him he just moans about the same shit. Sarah basically just spoke to him because he listened to her.

DINGDINGDINGDINGDING

'because he listens to her' - do some of that.

I've spent the past few years helping out with a similar situation, when it's bad just ease off and let her come to you when she wants to - nothing worse for her than to have her own troubles added to by you constantly asking if she's alright.

Edited by Skoze

I had a call with her on the telephone. I threw up all my food and couldn't breath so I had to talk to her.

It was better than.expected. there's no one else but she is a completed wreck hormonally. She's on anti depressants and is looking after her mum all the time as she is severely depressed as well.

I can't really be bothered to type it out on my.phone but she said yesterday than lazenby is a dick and she doesn't want to speak to him so write that one off onzaboymark! It's going to be alright I reckon. Sometimes it just takes something strong to open your eyes properly x

I had a cry with my mum and one of my best friends here so I feel better. I guess you have to realise these things when you're young.

I threw up all my food and couldn't breath so I had to talk to her.

she is a completed wreck hormonally

If she's actually making you throw up I'm going to take an uneducated assumption that you might be worse off then her, in which case is it really worth it?

I feel like sociopathic rock reading people's reactions to girls in this thread...

F'cking hell, sounds like something out of a soap opera.

Cheers man. Isn't it the whole point of this thread? If you're going to be sarcastic and point jokes can you not do it where people come when they're feeling low.

If she's actually making you throw up I'm going to take an uneducated assumption that you might be worse off then her, in which case is it really worth it?

I feel like sociopathic rock reading people's reactions to girls in this thread...

I didn't think I cared this much, she cares equally she goes through similar stuff when.we don't talk as much. I've had a bad year so been pretty vulnerable to getting sad.

Her life is just upside down at the moment, just want to fix everything and move on.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

And yeah as per the sociopathic rock's comments, sounds like the pair of you can't keep your own emotions under control, let alone each other's.

I just have zero tolerance to girls loaded down with 'issues' and emotional sh't, and I don't do the whole jealousy thing. So if I don't trust she's staying true to me, then that's a good sign it's time to get rid.

Seriously, in my opinion (and it is just my opinion) a mediocre/troublesome relationship is not worth settling for, particularly when you're young.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

And yeah as per the sociopathic rock's comments, sounds like the pair of you can't keep your own emotions under control, let alone each other's.

I just have zero tolerance to girls loaded down with 'issues' and emotional sh't, and I don't do the whole jealousy thing. So if I don't trust she's staying true to me, then that's a good sign it's time to get rid.

Seriously, in my opinion (and it is just my opinion) a mediocre/troublesome relationship is not worth settling for, particularly when you're young.

That's the difference between me and you then.

I'd rather fight through an issue and have a stronger relationship.

I've always been emotional and so has she, we've both been through depression and shit with family and other people.

I'm not.going to throw away 4 and half years of commitment over something that can be fixed. You don't buy a new bike when your crank breaks, you get new cranks. Over time more things break.and you fix or replace them. Sure after a year or two your bike looks completely different to how it started. But maybe you like it more and you learnt more about how your bike works along the way.

My relationship is like that, I'd rather fix this than get a new girlfriend.

• Like 9

She said she doesn't want the pressure of a relationship right now.

She wanted a break but I said I can't not see her for a long period of time so we're just taking it chill for a bit and being more like friends.

Not as bad as it could have gone but I'm still kinda distraught. I hate depression and it's her and her mums getting depressed that's torn us apart. I don't want to be alive anymore but at the same time I want to fight my absolute hardest to make this work again. I've been going from extremely angry to extremely sick and anxious to not being able to move from being sad and shaking from anxiety in the space of minutes.

I hate girls and I hate love. Why why why why why why why why why why why why why

Tough love: It's over. Don't cling on.

I've been there, and people love to blame everything and anything except the fact they've grown apart. You'll argue your point now, then you'll see I'm right in a years time. Sorry, and I hope you feel better soon. It certainly isn't worth having properly dark thoughts about.

Best thing you can do for Sarah(?) is be strong and crack on with giving her the space she needs. If I'm wrong and it all sorts itself out, then that's great. If not, you'll have started building the blocks that you need to get on with your life.

• Like 3

I'm not willing to give up like that though.

I'm going to do my best to make her feel special and stuff again. I was thinking about being quite for a week or two then taking her out for a big date kind of thing.

It's a tough balance between not wanting to give up, and giving the girl space. Happened to me a few months back and in the end I realised I was wasting my time and just let it go, and even when drunk refrained from messaging or whatever. Sometimes now I think I should try to ask her out again or whatever, but then I think no, just let it go.

Also when we're in relationships it's easy to feel like they're the best person for us. Each time one finishes you make room for someone new in your life, and very often they can be better for you and more suitable. I was distraught when me and my first 'the one' fell apart four years ago, but now I look back at the things I've done and the people I've dated since then and I see it in a whole different perspective.

Not sure how old you are, but I'm guessing you've got a good few years ahead of you yet. So you have to just weather the storm and let it pass, and quite often at the least expected time some amazing new girl will just appear in your life. And if you and this one are meant to work out, then in time it will. But giving a girl space can be really difficult, but the danger is that you can be over-supportive - like someone said in this thread, sometimes it's more annoying for a girl if you keep asking how they are rather than letting them be.

Okay thank you. How is the balance for being too over supportive though? Every couple of days a text or call?

I've only just turned 18 so I know I'm just a stupid kid and stuff but, I don't really like girls much and always wanted to be monogamous with one person. I hate girls for the most part and that's why it's hard to let go of the one I've always liked.

Without wanting to sound awful, your still young, and a long way to go before you find the 'one'. I'm not gonna tell you to go dip it in the next 20 girls you meet 'cus that doesn't seem your thing, it wasn't mine but I would just get out there. I had 3 major girlfriends before I realised my 'one' had been there all along.

Just get out there, amongst friends and people you know and just enjoy life abit. The year I spent single I did more memorable stuff in that time then I have done in the passed 5 years. I know all relationships are a bind, you have another commitment to keep so your times spread thinner. By the sound of it you'd be chasing your tail persuing her at the minute so give her some space and time.

• Like 2

Good thing to get some experience of, since the majority of relationships fail.

Be glad for what you did have and the good times you enjoyed, not disappointed that you might not have more of the same. Again, easy to say, but each time there's a big change in your life, it's one chapter closing and the next one starting, and whilst the transition can be a bit disruptive, eventually things settle down and you'll have good times again. Plus, times like these make you appreciate the good ones even more.

You'll probably be happy that you won't have the drama in your life dude, as sad as it sounds. My relationship was alllllll about drama. Some being caused when there isn't any simply to cause some. You'll probably find yourself looking back and thinking f**k, as if I put up with that.

Like skozes relationship / ex relationship? If it's all about the girl, me me me sort of thing, chasing after their feelings ALL the time then it will be good to get out :/ From what i've seen with my friends, those who have the 6+ year relationships and them being successful is because it's all easy going, no massive dramaaaaa all the time.

Was talking to a good friend of mine today actually and he had a similar situation to mine and yours and his new relationship just sounds bliss as it's easy going, no crazy shit going on. Both just looking for an easy going on. I know sometimes it can't be helped, especially if it's a medical condition but you're young and chasing someone for their happiness whilst pissing in the wind is only going to break you apart bit by bit. Which you will definitely regret when you're older.

Thing is we've never had much drama it's only been the last couple of.months because she's a full time carer for her mum ans now she is diagnosed with depression.

Sure if I'm still crawling after her in two months I'll have to listen to.you guys more and call it off. But I still think there's time to fix it right now.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiitttt a second. She got depression from looking after her mum who has depression? Hellooooo?

Also, is that a 2 month break? You'll be sticking around for 2 months that could possibly end up with her saying no she doesn't want to be in a relationship again?

Yes usually when a girl says she doesn't want a relationship 'at the moment', it means at all, and she's trying to let you down gently. This girl said that to me, so I said look I'm not hanging around. I said if you ever want to see me again, call me up some time and ask me out for a drink and we'll see what's happening, but by then I might be with someone else, and I walked away.

The other thing I said to her was, I don't want to be 'friends'. That said I had only just met her, but yeah I knew as soon as I met her that I wanted more than that, and wasn't prepared to settle, and I'm actually glad that we're not friends and don't really talk anymore. It's a loose-end I'm better off without. And you know, I'm happy for the few fun times we had in the week we were seeing each other.

Do whatever, but just don't mug yourself! There's only so much emotion you can invest, then it's time to cut your losses.

• Like 1