Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

The thing is I wasn't aware to any sort of problem at all. I was quite happy in how things were and she seemed the same throughout. 

I couldnt be in a situation where the feelings aren't mutual. Part of me wants her to see she might have made a mistake but now I'm plagued with doubt as to whether she'd do it to me again should the chance arise. 

Just knowing I'm not in that commitment with her anymore is the worst bit. Shared a sense of humour, personality, views.. Everything about her to me was ideal. 

Edited by SamKidney

8 minutes ago, SamKidney said:

The thing is I wasn't aware to any sort of problem at all. I was quite happy in how things were and she seemed the same throughout.

Yep, that's the main point I was trying to make. Because she does care about you, she didn't want to hurt you, so kept things rolling 'as normal' until she couldn't bear it any longer.

To 'cover up' like that takes a lot of resources, it's not an easy position to be in...

It will get better dude. 

II know exactly how you feel as, as you know it happened with me and grace and we were deeply in love. 

I couldn't eat a burrito after breaking up with her as that was our thing hahaha but now I eat them all the time and don't even think about her. The little associations won't mean much after a while. You just need to get your head stuck into other things 

Hope so. I can't get to grips how one day you go from talking all the time to nothing. 

She seems to be carrying on like she's not bothered, I can't stop thinking. After everything we shared, told each other in confidence etc. and then it's all nothing. Wrecking my head. 

I literally cant can't say a bad word against her. She was perfect, or as near as can be. 

Edited by SamKidney

Yeah, she's had that decision made for a while. Shame it couldn't have been properly spoken about first but these things happen. Don't be all pathetic and whiny to her (do it with your mates and accept the fact you'll get the piss ripped out of you afterwards - it's what they're for!) just give her some space and don't push it - when the dust settles you guys might be able to at least talk about it, even if it is just to establish that it wasn't working out so well from the other side.

Chin up dude, you never know what's coming next. 

Been just over a week now. 

Ive ummed and ahhhed about a few others that have since started talking to me but not only doesn't it feel right I feel really guilty too. 

Think I've come to accept the situation though, bit bummed she seems to not be arsed at all about how Two+ years has gone in a blink but whatever. 

Just now, SamKidney said:

Been just over a week now. 

Ive ummed and ahhhed about a few others that have since started talking to me but not only doesn't it feel right I feel really guilty too. 

Think I've come to accept the situation though, bit bummed she seems to not be arsed at all about how Two+ years has gone in a blink but whatever. 

That two years has not just gone though, you're definitely allowed to think about the past and how good something was every now and again - as long as you don't look back on it through Romantic and nostalgic and idealistic filters it's all good.  There's an old Winnie the Pooh quote that goes 'How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard' and I think that's partially how you should look at it but while remembering that they'll be more hellos in the future.   And like Mike said, nothing to feel guilty about and you don't have to move on right away. It's been a week or something? It'll take longer than that but it will happen. You might still miss her at certain times but you'll be over it and you might be with someone else at that point anyway. 

lol I got Green Giant corny here's a picture of a mofoing tank to counterbalance - 

tank.jpg

• Like 3

Do whatever you want Sam. One of the only advantages to becoming single is that you get to run your life exactly how you see fit for a while.

I'd personally take a decent amount of time out from the ladies to just be on my own and do my own thing.

• Like 2

so after a second date with this girl she said she is not ready for a relationship, but let stay friends, and when she is ready for a relationship she will let me know

=

she wants to put me on park, and if she needs me she gives me a call

nope

Downer week. I never have dreams in my sleep, or very rarely yet every night for the last two weeks I've had a dream and she's in it. I can't sleep afterwards when I inevitably wake up in the middle of the night and it's running me into the ground. 

So fed up, still can't grasp it. 

Just a simplistic two pence but, 

Step one; Grab a cold one of your choice.

Step two: Go out to the workshop.

Step three: Build Civics.

Step four: repeat as necessary until brum brums can be achieved.

Outcome: A busy body is a focused but idle mind and you'll have something physical to show for your winter come nice weather.

EDIT: re read above post, if you're gonna be up at 3/4am anyway you could be up to something productive, like shiny wisecos, rods and bigends :-]

Edited by CC12345678910
  • Like 2

Sam mate. Shit like this isn't going to help. You're only going to push away the people in your life by being like that. Those people who might give you new opportunities to meet other people etc. A friend posted shit like that on his breakup a few weeks back and I instantly unfriended him.

Screenshot_2015-12-12-18-11-02_zpsj2p5j9

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

been with my lovely partner for a few months now, everything is going well and im very happy. the one thing that annoys me is shes always on her blinking phone on Facebook or chatting, i know who she chats too etc so not a problem there. its just really annoying at times, any ideas how i can get her off it more? what annoys you about your partners? 

i still do come on here, just reading and lurking in the background ha

Edited by trials owns

That'd really piss me off. My ex used to do it. Like if we were out she'd take a photo and instagram it its like why not just do it after. Live for the moment now you bumall. 

It's about respect for the other person IMO, if they don't have it in the first place I'm not sure how they can learn it without you being outright about it but after a month I wouldn't do that.