Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

As I've said before, if she's anything like a female equivalent of you then you're both insufferable human beings and should only see each other in small doses anyway. Get to the f**king, just make sure you don't make babies.

Fo' SRS though, just get to it. If it doesn't work out at least you've had a go and tried at it, but 6 hours isn't a killer. Bear in mind I'm ~4 hours from Soph half the time, interspersed by 6 months or so away and shit still works for us, there's no reason that her being in Newcastle can't work. There's always the future possibility of one or other of you moving (though don't jump into it, as you well know...) but it's way, WAY too soon to even be considering that side of things yet.

I know it will be what it will be.

It's 4 and a half hours each way and £99 return on the train, perfect I can still do all my office work whilst I'm commuting there. I finish at 4 on Saturdays now I'm a manager and I can have Monday as my day off to get back in the evening.

I usually spend £100 a weekend driving the Golf, eating out and drinking beer.

I'm sure it's doable.

She's well up for coming down too, she's already booked flights for two weekends this month. So it's not a one way street.

• Like 1

Looks like things are hitting it off with Alice from York again.

I'll run the situation past people as I'm not sure how I feel. Or should feel.

A year ago we met on tinder, she was great and I can't believe she asked me for drinks. She's not slutty, she's a respectable girl with morals. We hadn't even done the norty as we were waiting until we made it properly official.

After seeing each other for a few months I noticed her texts were getting slower to reply and all that and eventually I said to her what's up. She said she wasn't even sure she was seeing me for the right reasons. She thinks she was seeing it as comfort from breaking up from her bf. So we called it quits that night.

A year goes by and we get chatting a lot again, she's now single and split up with her bf I'm guessing around a month ago or so. Meet up the other night and she's there, absolutely off the hook stunning gorgeous. Have some drinks, start kissing. I walk her home and it feels amazing.(gayyyy) we look so good together and she goes whilst hugging me on the bench we were on "Oh Daniel this feels so normal" not as in like boring haha

So yeah do you think she's seen me for who I am and is actually interested this time or using it as a comfort barrier again.

I'll happily ask her tomorrow when we go on a date but I need to think k about how to do it.

Its weird though as she's a vegetarian, we don't really have much in common but for some reason I've fallen for her. Head over heels easily.

So yeah, not really on the tinder hype after this

Vegetarian, run in the other direction.

It may not seem like much, but making two meals or having to eat vegetarian often is a sure fire shit heap. Not that I'm bitter about spending 3/4 years like that.

• Like 4

Just be careful because some girls are very good at 'using' a guy who is reliable and a 'safe bet' when other blokes let them down and they want to feel wanted. Now if it's working for you, that's fine - you get a bit of the old in-out in-out with a hot girl - but be careful you don't start getting emotionally invested only for her to pull the plug again. The reason I say this is because you wrote "We hadn't even done the norty as we were waiting until we made it properly official." - don't end up being the good friend who gets a bit of touchy-feely in between the guys she actually f'cks. "Oh look... maybe next time ok? Let's just hug tonight?". See if she steps up the game or tell her you want to be friends, let her realise you're not that easy.

I'm not saying this is necessarily what she's doing, but I'm sure many guys here have got to a point with a girl where they realise she just messing them around, and that's the time to turn the situation round and tell her to do one. In fact it's also quite satisfying, being the guy that denies the girl, especially when there are no shortage of other available girls around and hence you're not really missing out.

Just be careful because some girls are very good at 'using' a guy who is reliable and a 'safe bet' when other blokes let them down and they want to feel wanted. Now if it's working for you, that's fine - you get a bit of the old in-out in-out with a hot girl - but be careful you don't start getting emotionally invested only for her to pull the plug again. The reason I say this is because you wrote "We hadn't even done the norty as we were waiting until we made it properly official." - don't end up being the good friend who gets a bit of touchy-feely in between the guys she actually f'cks. "Oh look... maybe next time ok? Let's just hug tonight?". See if she steps up the game or tell her you want to be friends, let her realise you're not that easy.

I'm not saying this is necessarily what she's doing, but I'm sure many guys here have got to a point with a girl where they realise she just messing them around, and that's the time to turn the situation round and tell her to do one. In fact it's also quite satisfying, being the guy that denies the girl, especially when there are no shortage of other available girls around and hence you're not really missing out.

I know what you're saying and I can honestly say she won't be with any other guy in that sense. She's not really the flirty time as she's really timid, that's why I like her as she isn't in your face loud or anything. Just petite and sweet.

I'll tell her tonight that I'm not having the same thing happen as last time.

• Like 1