Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

Unintentionally went out with Faye the first 'proper' time on Valentines day, just made a bit of a joke of it and kept it proper low-key, was quite good fun actually.

That said, we did know each other prior so it wasn't like 'hey, let's meet up on V-day'

The date shouldn't mean much, but especially not when you've just met.

Also, look on the bright side - if you get together, it's your anniversary AND Valentines on the same day - half the cost.

Kinda like people that have their birthday on Christmas day, the parents only have to buy one set of gifts...

Not that I'm tight or anything.

People actually buy into the whole Valentine's day commercial shit? Weak. I'm all for little token gestures etc, especially since I'm away with work quite a bit so it's a nice surprise for the other half, but the lengths some people seem to go to is truly mental just because somebody told them they should/they don't want to look bad compared to the neighbours or whatever.

• Like 1

People actually buy into the whole Valentine's day commercial shit? Weak.

I always refuse to acknowledge it in any way. Valentines is one of the worst actually because it relies on emotional blackmail. If a girl is going to get upset because she didn't received some pre-empted gesture on 14th Feb (be it a text message, card or anything whatsoever) then she's probably not the girl for me. Can't be dealing with that childlike, needy bullsh't.

Last weekend me and the girl went to a motorbike event and then climbed about in derelict aircraft (more fun that it sounds ; ), so next weekend I'm taking her jungle trekking. Every weekend we have a good time, and I'd hate to feel like my plans for any weekend were governed by some kind of consumer scam perpetuated largely by marketeers and women who need to 'feel special'.

EDIT: Looks like my stance hasn't changed much in 5 years... http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=147229&p=2070051

• Like 1

I told Sheryl last year that I wasn't going to make a fuss about it and basically said "Would you rather a few random treats through the year or one meal on Valentines day..."

She's not the needy type anyway so wasn't that bothered. I'll bring home flowers or something on the day, but I never make a big thing about it.

I'm never really into it, but we happened to have some flight and hotel vouchers, so we're going to go to Venice for a few days. Not going until the weekend after though – didn't fancy spending 8x as much just because the card companies wanted to make some extra bunce.

• Like 1

Cool beans cheers guys I thought as much. Hopefully go out together saturday anyway (it's our only day off together) but nothing cliche or anything like that and not so much emphasised on the fact it's valentines day.

I've never got the deal with mothers day or fathers day either, they just seem again like commercial ideas to make more money. I've heard there is such a thing as Grandmothers and Grandfathers day now :blink:

I've never got the deal with mothers day or fathers day either, they just seem again like commercial ideas to make more money. I've heard there is such a thing as Grandmothers and Grandfathers day now :blink:

And Christmas cards for pets... the list goes on and on and on. It's amazing what people can be duped into wasting money on.

It's like this subliminal message that's sent out: "On this day of the year you will spend money on one or a selection of these things...".

In other (old, but I only just saw it) girl related news, this is f'cking pathetic: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/canadian-dentist-travels-8000-km-to-track-down-his-irish-love-he-met-for-two-minutes-170395256-237753371.html

Why would someone do that? Spoiler: he didn't find her.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight Rachel broke up with me :(

She just said she didn't think it was fully right, and that she didn't feel the spark which we had when we first started going out over the last three weeks or so.

It's a bit of a shame really as she was honestly so so nice. She wouldn't have hurt a fly, but I guess this is the way things happen.

Can honestly say this is the first break up where I'm really upset as I can't look at her and think we'll f**k you for doing that, can't believe you acted like that that time etc as those things never happened. She was ever jealous of me going out with my mates or of me having friends who are girls. Ahh well this little rant is helping me.

Back to tinder I suppose, just in time for summer lol

Clearly the universe wants you to take more college girls into carparks and paste your dick all over them.

For what it's worth I think the best break-ups are the ones that are amicable. I've only ever had two that were strenuous (in both cases she got too emotional and angry at the thought of us being apart) and the rest have just been us going in different directions, living too far apart or starting different chapters in our lives. And when that happens you just have to be happy for the good times you had and see it as making way for new opportunities. (Like college girls and carparks, dick-pasting and poo dildos.)

• Like 5

Bird is doing my swede.

Went for a drink with my old housemate the other day after uni - literally one beer and the pub's on the way home - we were always pretty close but i've not seen her in 6 months or so. Anyway, according to GirlLogicâ„¢ that clearly means there's always been something going on there. She's never been overly matey with her but I never anticipated quite how much hatred was there. Went pub as i'd agreed to, she kicked off, it's all gone mental and she's not spoken to me since.

I am completely and utterly beyond caring what way it goes, told her how f**king stupid she's being and pointed out that if I really was trying to 'cover something up' as she accused me, I've done a pretty shit job of it by telling her exactly what i'm up to. However, apparently I lie all the time and can't be trusted. Ok then...

I've left it with her and don't really care what happens next, obviously i'd rather she sorted herself out but if she can't then that's her problem to deal with and I cant do shit about it. It's just bummed me out but i'm more pissed off than anything. Makes no sense whatsoever. Vent over.

Edited by Skoze

I was really good mates with a girl when I worked at Coop, and girl logic meant that she became Jenny's arch enemy for no real reason lolol. She never really acted in anything or even really hinted at anything but she really did just hate her, she still does but I don't see her anymore.