The Car Thread

MadManMike

Driving through Bristol tonight I saw a fully stanced MX-5. It looked f**king terrible. The worst part about it was that it looked like something under the rear of the car (seemingly suspension/drive related) was f**ked and hanging down, and made it look like it was prolapsing. It was sparking loads every time they went over the most minor of bumps due to how much whatever it was was hanging off, and because of how low it was.

Excessive camber (with way more at the rear than the front), really stretched tyres, the works. People are f**kwits.

wasn't a black one by any chance, with chrome wheels? saw one at Bristol a few weeks back - absolutely ridiculous!

LOL, that's a guy called Ed that owns that, I wouldn't say it fits Mark's criteria though, it's just lowered. This one?

11751413_10155782263850587_2694443286308

I never get why people do the whole wonky-as-f**k wheels and no ground clearance, it looks retarded and ruins the car.

Absolutly raging. Thought i would take the car out for a drive tonight after having the new dash fitted. Anyways after about 30 mins car started making a horrible noise and thw battery light stayed on and it started losing voltage managed to just pull over and shut the car off but the voltage went down to around 11 before hand. Hoping its nothing serious but back to car garage tomorrow hopefully to see whats up with it.

I've just used Turbo Rebuild for parts and been very impressed - they also do refurbs etc so should be able to hook you up. That said, they're not one of the bigger names so if you want to play it safer then you'll be looking at the likes of TD etc. If it's anything 1.8t based, Dan @ Beach Buggy Turbos would be worth a shout as he's at the top of the game, though he's pretty snowers with work at the mo so there's a bit of a delay.

I've just used Turbo Rebuild for parts and been very impressed - they also do refurbs etc so should be able to hook you up. That said, they're not one of the bigger names so if you want to play it safer then you'll be looking at the likes of TD etc. If it's anything 1.8t based, Dan @ Beach Buggy Turbos would be worth a shout as he's at the top of the game, though he's pretty snowers with work at the mo so there's a bit of a delay.

Cheers Luke. It's a 2.0T. I see they also do just the internal core for a pretty decent price. I imagine that is all prebalanced and a straight swap? I will have to take my turbo off soon to see exactly what the problem is before I decide what route to take.

Edited by Mikee

Fitted intercooler:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Mocked up some pipe work ready for welding:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Painted the grill black while I was off...big improvement in my eyes :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Whats your plans to get 400bhp out of it george?

Called garage today about the i need to get oil sandwhich plate with oil temp and oil pressure sensors and there going to wire it into the ecu for the dash to read correctly.

Heres a video of the noise my car seems to make the altenator goes red hot straight away and smells like burning.

Will get video up once its finished uploading some opinions would be great.

Quick pick of dash at night before car packed in. Going to machine up a bracking for it tonight at work. As u can see healthy voltage at mid 14 now wont go above 11.

IMG-20150816-WA0008_zpslexfwxxr.jpeg.

Azarathal great picture car looks epic in purple

Whats your plans to get 400bhp out of it george?

Mods are classed as "Stage 2+", which on my engine sees 360-380bhp and 360-400ftlbs.

3" turbo back decat stainless exhaust

Revo enlarged turbo intake pipe/induction kit

Loba High Pressure Fuel Pump

Audi RS4 fuel return valve

PCV delete blank plate kit

Inlet manifold runner flap delete kit

FMIC + 63mm hard-piped alloy pipework

Uprated clutch to cope with extra torque

Should hopefully wake the beast within up. It's a bit bland at the minute!

http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/greg130190/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150817_125054_zpslwel9b7b.mp4.html

See if that works just finished uploading now.

Who you going with to map the se george? I had my golf r stage 2 with full exhaust and intake system with revo. Giac seems to be well though of on the rforum

Edited by greg1040