The Car Thread

MadManMike

It definitely makes it appear lower. Can you not get some kind of sideskirt for it?

I've just had a productive-ish evening.

Fitted a de-cat, rear black series polybushes for rear shockers and fitted some dark side repeaters, gonna fit my new airbag sticker too. Going to either look gash as f**k or awesome.

Should it not be body colour anyway? Has it been painted black to cover something up?

Nope, 924s all left the factory with them black. Personally I like them black, it makes the car look slimmer/lower profile proportionally, even if it doesn't look closer to the ground.

Paul, have you re-indexed the torsion bars on yours now then? That's a job I'm not looking forward to. Supercharged 924 sounds interesting, is that a 2.0 still?

Cat B can be brought back roadworthy providing it's been to and passed a VIC check as the ad mentioned.

I repaired a Yaris with front end damage that had been written off cat B and it's now back out on the road as it passed the VIC I took it to

I'm a bit late to the party but would like to point out that this is totally wrong.

Cat A has to be totally crushed.

Cat B the body shell has to be crushed but parts can be used

Cat C and D can both end up back on the road however it's up to the buyer to decide if they are happy to buy/drive the car or not.

Cat C needs a VIC before it's allowed back on the road. VIC = Vehicle Identity Check and doesn't check the quality of the repairs.

• Like 1

Nope, 924s all left the factory with them black. Personally I like them black, it makes the car look slimmer/lower profile proportionally, even if it doesn't look closer to the ground.

Paul, have you re-indexed the torsion bars on yours now then? That's a job I'm not looking forward to. Supercharged 924 sounds interesting, is that a 2.0 still?

Yeah any that are body coloured have been painted, my sills are in spot on condition fortunately!

I didn't need to re-index as I had enough adjustment on the eccentric bolt to take it down to the right height, worth checking that before putting the effort into lowering the rear beam/cutting holes in the sills! The supercharged 924 is a 2.0, it has a supercharger off some V8 muscle car on it, he is called Dr John on the owners club site.

oc5.jpg

I'm a bit late to the party but would like to point out that this is totally wrong.

Cat A has to be totally crushed.

Cat B the body shell has to be crushed but parts can be used

Cat C and D can both end up back on the road however it's up to the buyer to decide if they are happy to buy/drive the car or not.

Cat C needs a VIC before it's allowed back on the road. VIC = Vehicle Identity Check and doesn't check the quality of the repairs.

I had admitted I was wrong and everyone had seemed to come to knowledge of the correct order of proceedings.

But thanks for making doubly sure everyone knew I was wrong in the first instance...