The Car Thread

MadManMike

Nah mate, do want to at some point though.

I like the catches for the bumper. It would be cool to go that route on the leon, because that front bumper will always need removing and is a massive pain to get back on.

You neeeeeeed to try one. You'll be hooked I bet you! They're slow in a straight line but when you get to a corner you're winning. I think k curby was a testament to that

Talking of which, I took a picture of mine the other day:

(very much like my profile picture in fact...).

Whilst I am at it, here is a before and after pic of my wheels (refurbed them - not the best finish but they'll do).

And another, sans bumper - (was replacing light ballast).

post-1410-0-16189300-1439928552_thumb.jp

post-1410-0-61192200-1439928669_thumb.jp

post-1410-0-73916200-1439928675.jpg

post-1410-0-80249300-1439928802_thumb.jp

Edited by Wrayvon
  • Like 2

You neeeeeeed to try one. You'll be hooked I bet you! They're slow in a straight line but when you get to a corner you're winning. I think k curby was a testament to that

I think my new liking of them is due to all the Clio propaganda you have been posting recently!

I wouldn't mind a go in one. but I wouldn't be kicking it as hard as I drive the leon, as its not mine, so I'm sure I wont defect to frenchland.

I really wanna see how the leon performs at curborough soon. new suspension, tyres and brakes since last time, shame I wont have more power in by then though.

Love that i'm not the only one on the 'oh dear one shock is leaking, need to buy a full set of coilovers' bandwagon :P

You waited until a shock was leaking?! I just figured mine were a little tired and emptied my bank account!

Finally got around to heading out for a quick drive in the Leon this morning after being crazy busy with house/regatta stuff for the past 4-5 days. All feels much more together and nice and tight with the new coilovers, poly bushes and solid top mounts but I've got a bit of rotational grinding that's wheel speed dependent. Hoping it's just where I've had the brakes off and they're sitting slightly out from where they were prior to removal, but if it persists I'll have to investigate further.

Like another bump stop, yes. You really want your spring/damping rates to be matched though, such that they've pretty much stopped the travel by that point rather than just careering into the new bump stop at speed making for an uncomfortable ride and being horribly unsympathetic to the car :P

Related news: I pulled these off the new coilovers before I fitted them, as I don't plan on going low enough to need them. These are from my fronts though, so depends on your setup I suppose. From memory they're a 22mm damper fitting, so if there's a way to make them suit your application you're more than welcome to them and see if they help (Y)

20150823_130919_zpspsdaa1aw.jpg

Edit; They sit on the damper and effectively restrict it's maximum travel. Seem to restrict by around 13mm or so each, so a max of around an inch per side.