The Car Thread

MadManMike

Haha that means more money for some new tyres altho i really need to get myself on some 15s. Right i have looked at previous map and am a bit concerned with where the torque and bhp cross over is it seems to have moved up 2000rpm any reason why this might be.

IMG-20150813-WA0009_zpslxf69ksc.jpeg

IMG-20150813-WA0005_zps2gbqspma.jpeg

Edited by greg1040

For wet track days just use your road wheels / tyres - you'll learn loads.

The crossover point is because of different scaling down the right.

The Dastek rollers are pretty 'good' numbers from what I can tell, more likely to be accurate but not where you'd go if you want to make a certain number ;)

Yeh i did think that after having a good look at both graphs that they seemed to be making the same power at the same rpm.

The only tyres i have now is my semi slicks for the car which would be a nightmare in the wet i would imagine.

But im happy enough with the way the car drives and the figures. On the dyno dynamics rollers it was putting out 260bhp i know certain rollers give u happy figures while others not so much haha

1 last thing does afr seem normal enough?

20150813_165955_zpscsh4rcyo.jpg?

Edited by greg1040

Only had a cutting disc on the grinder, so lopped the top of the bolt down then got my trials rider rim grind skillz out and separated the remains of the head from the bolt. Then remembered I never used to like much of a grind and smoothed it out some more.

20150813_190902_zpsr4wrkbph.jpg

Still took a fair old whacking with a lumphammer to remove the rest, but clearly I'd been having major issues with the head (giggity) rather than too much down the shaft (giggity).

This one b*****d had been the bane of my life last day or two.

20150813_191009_zpsevav2y4n.jpg?t=143940

Still, end result, these buggers are out:

20150813_191731_zpsjl7aytw8.jpg

And this is still in one piece:

20150813_191741_zps3ka4ng1r.jpg?t=143940

If I can find a decent degreaser kicking about I'll give it all a good clean down before it goes back near the car of course. Wishbones should see a lick of paint and new bushes tomorrow, and assuming the extra few bushes I ordered this morning get here quickly I should be able to refit it all either tomorrow or Saturday.

In other news, found a stash of liquid gold...

20150813_150834_zpsawfjydwy.jpg

The colour doesn't do it for me. Also the ride height is ridiculous and I like a car fairly low, and if you were to buy coilovers you're pretty much negating the point of buying a trophy (come with special sexy ass sachs dampeners) which cost £1500 to refurb which you have to do fairly frequently iirc.

They also come with the recaro trendline seats which aren't comfy or supportive at all despite looking it.They also don't come with xenons which you think it would being the top of the range clio sport.

They're also really expensive.

Looks pimp, but 1) I know nothing about those and 2) I would never buy a car like that. A lot to possibly go wrong and complicated to fix if it does. Personally would grab something non turbo and petrol, even though it would be ~10mpg less.