EPECUÉN - Danny MacAskill

Max F

One clip doesn't make me nearly as excited to see a video as something like this.

This shows you many, many potential parts of the video, without actually showing you / spoiling anything.

I thought it was great, and now am super hyped to see it.

• Like 7

The location's kind of the main thing about the video so it's cool that they gave some of the background to it. Otherwise if the video dropped I think a lot of people would be left thinking "Where the f**k was that?" rather than "Holy shit that riding was amazing." It's Danny so we already know that the riding's going to be worth watching, it's Dave Sowerby so we know the filming/editing is going to be worth watching - it's cool to get an idea about where they went to to whet your appetite for it.

• Like 5

One clip doesn't make me nearly as excited to see a video as something like this.

This shows you many, many potential parts of the video, without actually showing you / spoiling anything.

I thought it was great, and now am super hyped to see it.

I get that and was excited watching the video, but it seemed like a build up to just seeing a little hop that we've seen repeatedly now. The existing video with more of a money shot in place of the little hop would have been amazing, but the build up just to see him do something I could do off a curb just didn't leave me as excited as I think it should have.

I guess they wanted to do a subtle tie-in to the whole "It's no use to us now" thing where it kept it on the down-low. I get what you're saying though, but I kinda liked the more subtle approach this time as I/we/they/that dog have no idea what's going to actually happen in the video, whether it's themed or whatevz. Gonna be baaaangin'.

I thought it was great, and now am super hyped to see

But maaaan the poor old guy lost his city :(((

I feel like a mug but I was completely confused until about 1:50 where I thought "That looks like it'd be good to ride..." then it all linked together a split second before Danny did a little spin. :lol:

As much as I'm excited about seeing the video, I'm not too sure on the location. I bet it was awesome to ride'n all that but it was a disaster zone. Homes were lost, families were separated and people died. I've looked inside graveyards and thought, oh I could gap that tomb stone to that..whatever but I didn't do it, because its disrespectful. Ground Zero would probably have been cool to ride too eh?

• Like 4

I get that and was excited watching the video, but it seemed like a build up to just seeing a little hop that we've seen repeatedly now. The existing video with more of a money shot in place of the little hop would have been amazing, but the build up just to see him do something I could do off a curb just didn't leave me as excited as I think it should have.

I would have even liked it more if he did only pass by for a millisecond w/o doing anything. Sort of the predator awaiting it's prey. I think there was a scene like this in Jurassic Park.

As much as I'm excited about seeing the video, I'm not too sure on the location. I bet it was awesome to ride'n all that but it was a disaster zone. Homes were lost, families were separated and people died. I've looked inside graveyards and thought, oh I could gap that tomb stone to that..whatever but I didn't do it, because its disrespectful. Ground Zero would probably have been cool to ride too eh?

I have to admit I kinda agree here

That thought did spring to mind at first but from the commentary it doesn't sound like any lives were lost, people just moved away and it got forgotten.

I'm glad to see another Dave Sowerby edit with Danny, they're far more exciting in my opinion.

P.S. Turquoise bike?

It's the normal Skye colour.

In "Pretty nuts" news:

The town reached a population of 1,500 inhabitants at its peak. The town now has a sole resident, Pablo Novak, who returned to his home 25 years after the flood waters receded.

Pablo Novak is the guy on the bike...

I've seen a few videos on here where people have ridden right by War Memorials, same feelings.

This video will probably be awesome though! I can't seem to find any death figures for Epecuen though...

That's probably because the only person who's seemingly said people died there is Ross? :P It just seems like they evacuated it. With how much info there is out there about the place I assume if anyone HAD died then all the stories about it would mention that. As they don't, I'm guessing no-one did.

Fair play for the massive rocket cock they've got going on there:

villa-epecuen-3%25255B3%25255D.jpg

EDIT: From an article I read:

When the floods came in '85, most people moved to the nearest city, Carhué, and never came back, with the exception of Pablo.

He told me that it took people by surprise, and that at first everyone waited on the roofs of their houses, imagining that the water would fall back.

Again, no mention of anyone dying...

• Like 1

I have to admit I kinda agree here

I get your point of view, but if we start to look things like that, every place we ride was probably a place were blood was dropped somewere in our history.

At least they are giving a fresh new breeze to a place that is dead, and with that intro i see that as respect.

• Like 1

I think the trailer couldn't be better.. it's a perfect teaser.. makes me want to watch the video sooo bad, without even really showing danny's riding. It's all about the exciting location.
Dave Sowerby surely knows how to do the job, nobody makes better riding films than he does, and that makes me even more exited for the actual video.