EPECUÉN - Danny MacAskill

Max F

Been watching it quite a few times this morning and again now.. and I mean... just look at that line at 2:52 min... no correction hops, no waiting, no balancing moves at all... and a huge gap... he's just riding over that as if it was normal, making it look easy.. thats stunning!

Watched it a few times now, that last move just bent my mind, who else would even think about doing that?

He stole the move I always wanted to do :( One time I was bunnyhopping over a chain and my front wheel hit it on the way up and I flipped over the chain and landed on my back, so I thought then if the chain was higher and if I was ridiculously good... I am curious if that's how he got the idea.

Anyways, the riding was incredible, but I did find the scenery shots repetitive and thought the intro was too long. And was disappointed that his banger clip was a front flip variation for his past three videos now.

• Like 1

People have expectations, if danny doesn't put the front flips in then the general public are likely to be less impressed.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, dan is his own worst enemy as he will have to continue pushing to do crazy big stuff for people to be impressed, where as the techy trials stuff that he does with more style than anyone goes unnoticed by the majority (except us lot, and trials riders are a huge minority compared to the viewers of his video)

I know Dan likes to push himself, and the only real limit to that boys ability is his imagination, however its likely to come a time when he can't always do that stuff in a 'calculated risk' situation.

Maybe i am wrong, and i perceive the GP to be more naive then they actually are, it is the evidence i have from doing / watching trials shows where the most claps and cheers are for high drops, when there is so much more on show that they have missed.

Either way, that ender clip is unlike any other line i have seen in any other part of the bike world. Its just silly, and deserves the banger status

Edited by ben_travis
  • Like 6

The technical level of riding in this is just unreal, the manual line across the bench backs was amazing. I think i'm much the same as all the guys on here, the flips and drops are impressive, but its the smoothness of technique and power that really blow my mind!

• 2 weeks later...

People have expectations, if danny doesn't put the front flips in then the general public are likely to be less impressed.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, dan is his own worst enemy as he will have to continue pushing to do crazy big stuff for people to be impressed, where as the techy trials stuff that he does with more style than anyone goes unnoticed by the majority (except us lot, and trials riders are a huge minority compared to the viewers of his video)

I know Dan likes to push himself, and the only real limit to that boys ability is his imagination, however its likely to come a time when he can't always do that stuff in a 'calculated risk' situation.

Maybe i am wrong, and i perceive the GP to be more naive then they actually are, it is the evidence i have from doing / watching trials shows where the most claps and cheers are for high drops, when there is so much more on show that they have missed.

Either way, that ender clip is unlike any other line i have seen in any other part of the bike world. Its just silly, and deserves the banger status

Danny won't need to push himself when he can use wires and cgi technology for future videos

What a mad place! Loved it.. big ballsy stuff!! That front flip was simply astounding.

I think there was a limit to what was ridable, most of it was a pile of rubble or a massive puddle. Can't help thinking he made the most of a shite location, and for me that raped the film.