EPECUÉN - Danny MacAskill

Max F

just saw it. nice. usual quality riding from danny, usual top notch cinematography. nice film. but: what's new? where's the idea?

not really satisfied by this. or is it just me?

i sorta know what u mean, i got a similar feeling but its probably cuz im half asleep and over exited haha

however, that was seriously cool! :bow:

Edited by JJ Leigh

It somehow made the atmosphere of the video weird that I already knew the second song.

Is it just me thinking that or has Danny gone incredibly BIG in this edit?
I like how he just smashes those huge trials lines. Makes it look effortless sometimes. That first clip... so fast and just hops onto that narrow wall :mellow:

Edited by Max F
  • Like 1

just saw it. nice. usual quality riding from danny, usual top notch cinematography. nice film. but: what's new? where's the idea?

not really satisfied by this. or is it just me?

Not sure I really get that question? Where's the idea – Is riding a town that's laid underwater for years not a cool enough idea? Are massively long lines with the balance of tech and size not a nice idea?

I'm not having a go, just wondering. Maybe Danny has made a rod for his own back with stuff like 'Imaginate' – it's not really possible to hit that level every time, I'm sure.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty awesome. I love the long lines full of different moves, even if they probably weren't done in one go! That last move was just silly too, in a good way.

Wallride to 360 then up to front 90 thing to up to front on that arch was f**king baller. The rest of the big lines through that building were rad too, pretty amazing to be able to smash stuff of that size out without long preloads or loads of correction hops. Dude's got skills! That last move must have been pretty scary too...

• Like 1

Away to watch that again, my god. What a setting that place would be.

Agree with Rowan, although that last flip over the sign...HOW. JUST HOW.

The matadero line in general was just epic, however i think the wallride 360 line was my favourite, the poise on the up to front after was sweet.

Edited by ben_travis

...and im sure i read on here a little while back someone complaining saying dannys not a trials rider

that was awesome will definatly be out later on my bike.

makes me wanna do some work outs get them fast twitch tissues working better. im sure since hes been working out like in the imaginate series, it must of made a big difference in his riding.

Yeah, for someone so focused on getting his bike "sounding nice", it did sound a bit shite in some bits.

I think that's possibly more down to the levels for the audio than anything else. When I was dicking around with the Barca video, because one of my mic's makes everything sound really bassy I was messing around with the EQ and with the mids/treble boosted it sounds like that, when in reality it was actually pretty quiet. Seems like 'The Thing' in MTBing vids now though, pretty much all of them seem to have exaggerated bike noises for some reason.