Rowan Johns - Tartybikes

manuel

rowan, ur a mentalist, and possibly one of my favourite riders. I say possibly, cos i want to know if you run a smooth rim.... and if u do.......why? haha, just messing.

sweet video, but can u tell me ur rear brake set up dawg?>

I seem to recall it being an Ultimate with some MTB pads without a booster.

Ok - firstly - cheers for all the positive responses :D much appreciated.

couple of questions to answer....

my brake set up is now - 2 XTR levers (07), cable is the cheapy XT stuff you get from crc for like a fiver (works immensly well), front brake is a 203 bb7, and the rear is avid ultimate arms on heatsink V2 adaptors with the standard cartridge rim wrangler 2 pads... oh and thats going on a standard echo 07 front rim (smooth and silver). I can honestly say - its the best brake i have ever owned, and to anyone wondering if its worth the extra for ultimates - it is..... they are fairly incredible.

camera - right well it was filmed on a panasonic NV-GS250 (one of the first small 3chip cameras) which is DV .... but it is true widescreen (i think)

anyway - the way i see it for compression is something like this (I would like to be corrected if (probably am) wrong) .... resolution is 720 by 576 but with funny size pixels to make it widescreen ? - now i compressed with DivX using virtualdub choosing my own settings - when i set same aspect ratio as original it would add the extra pixels horizontally anyway - so I went for 1024 *576 = 16:9 - I wanted to use all the resolution possible - assuming that where the extra pixels are added in horizontally you wont loose much to filesize as the compression wil take care of it. mainly because the intro would be hard to see much smaller.

oh and there is now a YouTube version up (maybe abit late but meh - i dont like it) as well as the google vid one posted up abit before this one ..... go to the first post if you need youtube.

Thanks again

RJ

EDIT : oh yeah - anyone know what a zigzag tap is ?

Edited by manuel