James Porter And Damon Watson Sign For Trials-uk For 2008

Dan@Trials-uk

55%discount on all 08 products at trials uk, 0% at tarty, think i might get from tarty cos uve said that now, also trials uk have inspired frames in but tarty dont for 5 months, ive just broke mine, i think ill wait for tarty yeh?. OOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMM GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggg

roflcopters.

This thread is seriously gay, well done to damon and porter some of my fav riders, got a good team going now, ill buy from whoever gives the best deal or has the item in.

You are telling me, that Dave, the co-founder of Tartybikes who now runs inspired is giving Trials-Uk his frames over Tartybikes?

Nice one.

Plus, if someone gave me 55% discount, i certainly know who i'd go with, so that's kind of a no f**king brainer isn't it?

How come i still wouldnt purchase from trials-uk?

The comment about selectbikes. Ultimate low. How Dan dealt with the Jack Balman frame scenario. Hardly great customer service.

Theres nothing i could possibly say that wouldnt sound bitchey lol. So i will say nothing more lol. I just find the way how dan goes about his buisness is odd...

Fair comment. But that guy i remember got a really good deal in the end.

You are telling me, that Dave, the co-founder of Tartybikes who now runs inspired is giving Trials-Uk his frames over Tartybikes?

Nice one.

Plus, if someone gave me 55% discount, i certainly know who i'd go with, so that's kind of a no f**king brainer isn't it?

There's probably more to it than that i imagen.

Nice one.

More than likely the answer is that they have been flying off tartys shelves and have sold out and seeing as they where first to get frames thats why and the next batch isnt in the country more than likely yet.

And where does this 55% come into anything, there not doing 55% of 08 products or if they are its not on there site, unless your talking about sponsored riders in which case that has nowt to do with the rivalry and tarty dont do 0% for sponsored riders

Anyway good luck to the riders, everyone has there favourite shops which ever it is select tarts trialsuk cleanbikes, no point btching about it.

edit: trialsuk dont even sell inspired frame or at least i couldnt find them on there website

edit: they dont sell them the only dealers in uk are select and tarty

Edited by basher

good shout basher!

55% off, retail benchmark is you earn a 60% markup from your distributor. so hes prob selling them at a breakeven (afterexpenses), which means if something goes wrong, which lets face it can happen eg poor batch of frames dans just going to loss money. risky tactic!

I dont get why people are giving me shit? LOL.

Im allowed an opinion like anyone else.

After just returning back from barcelona with both porter and bessell, my opinion of trials-uk hasnt changed. I have never bought from them, and i never will.

Simple.

Stop saying US. They contact You, dan, YOU.

You are a nob.

people are probly giving you shit cos all your doing in this thread is leave snide little comments though out the whole thing

55%discount on all 08 products at trials uk, 0% at tarty, think i might get from tarty cos uve said that now, also trials uk have inspired frames in but tarty dont for 5 months, ive just broke mine, i think ill wait for tarty yeh?. OOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMM GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggg

roflcopters.

This thread is seriously gay, well done to damon and porter some of my fav riders, got a good team going now, ill buy from whoever gives the best deal or has the item in.

Are you on crack?

From what I can see every point you've made is rubbish. Except for the well done to Damon and James bit.

Good luck to both of the lads.

doesnt matter what has made them ride for other people at the end of the day these are 2 human beings who are doing best for themselves, not for tom dick or harry on here.

it is self pleaseing and at the end of the day sponsorship is sponsorship. who gives the best deal will win. (usually)

like jonny jones has said, why cant people just appreciate their choices? and not question them? do people question martyn ashton? why he has stopped producing the justice? WHY he has got a new sponsor and doesnt ride for orange? NO!

its turned into a gay fest just like ALL the other "blah de blah sponsored by" this forum needs a little bit more "POSITIVITY" not someone questioning someones views or opinions?

Sorry if that seems negative but it was meant to be positive for the 2 riders involved in this thread (Y):)

Wayne.

• 2 weeks later...
Handbags at dawn ... but anyway good luck james and damon in 08, at the end of the day as long as the inspiring riding and enjoyment of trials is still on show it really doesnt bother me who you guys choose to ride for. Well done anyway ;)

Well done!

Handbags at dawn ... but anyway good luck james and damon in 08, at the end of the day as long as the inspiring riding and enjoyment of trials is still on show it really doesnt bother me who you guys choose to ride for. Well done anyway ;)

Exactly. If anything, this thread has proven that it's irrelevant who people ride for, especially at a level of shop-team-sponsorship. The idea with sponsorship is that someone would see someone like, say, Damon riding in a Trials-UK t-shirt whilst rocking their parts, and think "Hmm, I wanna get me some of that so I can ride like him." However, people have stated repeatedly in this thread that they'll either shop at Shop X or Shop Y, so yeah, just proves it doesn't mean shit.

Ah well, gotta love trials drama ;)

I wouldn't touch Trials-UK, he charged my mate for stuff he didn't even have, then didn't let know it would be ages until he more stuff in.

Needless to say, the order was cancelled, and reordered from Tarty.

I wouldn't touch Trials-UK, he charged my mate for stuff he didn't even have, then didn't let know it would be ages until he more stuff in.

Needless to say, the order was cancelled, and reordered from Tarty.

cheers for that touching remark with such huge relevance to whos riding for whom this year.

...... deep breath......... porter on trials-uk and damon watson still on select?

good luck to the both of them, doesnt bother me who they ride for as long as they've got bikes to ride and ive got vids to watch.

good luck to the both of them, doesnt bother me who they ride for as long as they've got bikes to ride and ive got vids to watch.

hahahaa :P that guy made me laff, the way hes like real casual and blunt, good lad! :)

point is though really like waynio said

we moved for our own reasons, doesnt mean to say Tartybikes are shit or select

in my case i just wanted a change, and i liked the offer :) so i thought why not?

im not sure but i think it was similar with James

im glad to be riding for T-uk in 08 Dan seams a really really cool guy, proper frendly lad, always talks to me and asks for input on things, sooooooooo cant fault it really :)

plus i like the team, because it seams more street based :shifty: , i felt abit out of place on the Tarty team, despite alot of them riding street, i felt it was heading abit towards the comp side of things, and i felt out of place

T-uk >_<