F1

Fish-Finger-er

• 1 month later...

Thought this race was just going be boring train of cars race, but this was anything but. Stewards are going have their hands full unpacking this.

Level pegging on points and down to Abu Dhabi next weekend..

One of many incidents

Edited by Rusevelt

Verstappen is a joke. Some of the worst and most blatant cheating I’ve seen. He had one great move at a restart to get ocon and Hamilton but Christ the rest was so shitty. Makes schuey look like a f**kin saint

edit: I’m not really referring to the ‘brake test’ as although that was pretty dim, Hamilton was also playing at that point a bit, it’s the divebombs with no intention of making the corner and just saying move or be taken out. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

What a mess. Massi is a moron. FIA a disgrace.

Could not agree more. Massi needs to be sacked. Complete bull pap. Making up rules on the fly - feel like the viewers and Lewis have been robbed. So so annoyed by this. For the record I’m not a huge Hamilton fan, but this was so unfair 

Edited by Private Repress
Typo
  • Like 1

All everyone really wanted was for clean racing and the stewards to oversee it correctly. As exciting and dramatic as the ending was I agree the stewards made a shitshow of the race yet again. 

I personally believe the first lap overtake should have stood and Lewis should have yielded the position (with his pace he’d have got him back anyway). I was astounded that not even yellow flags were waved when Giovinazzi parked up on the outside of the banked hairpin, it took far too long (might have been as much as two laps) for a vsc to be called. With the final incident they’ve quite clearly not followed their own rules and dug a huge hole for themselves. Can’t wait to see how they respond to the protest, absolute lose lose situation, I can’t imagine them overturning it though.

The FIA need a huge reshuffle and to clearly define the rules of racing as it’s been so inconsistent this year. 

Credit to Lewis he can hold his head up high he did everything he could have and his and his fathers response following the race was classy after what must have been an incredibly bitter pill to swallow.

Incredibly entertaining season, Max and Lewis have been on another level compared to everyone else. How does everyone think that compares to other years? Surely has to be up there.

• Like 1

I don't follow F1 but watched the last 30 laps or so due to the hype surrounding this year's finale. Not a fan of either but max seems like a bit of a cock.

Given that Hamilton was still holding sufficient lead with knackered tyres and verstappen couldn't catch him it seems grossly unfair that the 10 second advantage with 6 laps remaining gets completely obliterated by the safety car. Might as well not bothered with the previous 57 laps, just set them off with unbalanced tyre setup (new softs vs old hards) for a one lap sprint...

If all concerned were sensible, Mercedes’ would have said - we are right - all we want is lewis is world champion. That is correct. The rules have been broken by the fia and it’s pretty clear cut. Redbull says max is also world champion - he did it fair and square on track and the fia’s decision has robbed max a chance of doing it in the rules. If it had been red flagged it was a straight shoot out for 4/5 laps whatever. If they had kept the cars in between them there is a decent chance they all get out of the way at the first corner and max has a good chance of getting a chance at a pass - he is like 4 seconds a lap faster. fia apologises says they made a mistake, award lewis the race but award no points and they are joint world champs.

as it stands it’s going to court and the whole sport is irreparably damaged. Which is pretty crap. Either way Massi is done.

Most likely it will be an out of court settlement for Mercedes F1 team but the decision for Verstappen to remain 2021 World Driver's Champion should stand.

Massi, should definitely step down or be replaced for 2022 season. I'll give credit for allowing the drivers to race at the end, but the mess with the safety car and allowing unlapped cars to pass was a big no no.

https://youtu.be/7QJ-N-AQJYc

That was a bitter ending. I've not been a fan of Hamilton but my god does that guy have class. Seeing him and his dad after the race was very moving.

Imagine if the roles were reversed. The 2nd place trophy would have ended in the bin and a certain dad would be in assault mode.

Definitely the highlight of this race was Perez to me. It takes some skill to slow another driver down by 5 seconds a lap. And it's Perez who denied Hamilton a comfortable pit stop under the safety car. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Testing has begun! My favourite part of the year. Seeing all the new bits and bobs and different interpretations of the rules. 

Happily all the cars are pretty different, but i think merc and the bulls look way more developed. Might not be the fastest but look like they've spent the most!

• Thanks 1

https://youtu.be/NgPd9bCYX3w

Yeah it does look kinda funny which is why I was surprised at RedBull not keeping the high rake concept from 2021.

But then the teams have brought a number of aero parts which they are trying not to showcase to the other teams in any attempt to copy.

What was equally funny was Lewis Hamilton in semi disguise walking down the paddock and looking at the other teams cars......even though he had the media following him lol.

• 2 weeks later...