F1

Fish-Finger-er

There seems to be a bit in the way of marbles down there already though, so I suppose as the race progresses there will presumably be more which will make it a little sketchier when it's combined with that astroturf stuff. However, I'm sure he'll still be getting amongst it (as will Maldonado if practise has been anything to go by).

Rosberg doing his usual thing of straight-lining chicanes and using run-offs, surprise surprise. Alonso parking his Ferrari on the cut-through for the first chicane must be annoying for him...

EDIT: Daniel Ricciardo is really, really f**king good.

EDIT 2: Ricciardo over-taking Vettel: Yes.

• Like 3

Does Nico not like corners or something?

Vettel still moaning the car isn't up to scratch and is slower than the guys up front, but the point is he's still getting out driven by his teammate...

So glad Hamilton won and managed to force Nico into an error. A mental victory as well as a result for the Championship.

I guess after he had his little tester earlier on to see how much time he'd possibly lose cutting that chicane he thought he might be alright. He seemed to back out of it both times really, really early - other people were getting little lock-ups and still making the corner but he just seemed to sail through. Toto Wolff's face was priceless though - must have been a relief to see it 'settled' like that rather than battling.

Some good battles throughout the race though, was way more interesting than I expected it to be. Bottas and Ricciardo were smashing it.

Rosberg talking in Italian in the drivers room seemed like a bit of a dick move, and then trying to curry favour with the Italian crowd by talking in Italian after Lewis addressed them in English - loved how they still seemed to boo, but when Lewis dropped out two words in Italian they went apeshit. They all think you're a dick, Nico - just move on...

Kudos to Kyvat (or however it's spelt) for holding onto that slide across the grass at the first chicane too. Must have been some hectic shit to deal with, especially when it suddenly flicked right. Could have been much, much worse.

Agreed. Nailed it. The only thing that would have made the race result better would have been Redbull swapping Vettel and Ricciardo to keep him in with a double points shot, and Alonso nailing Vettel on the last lap.

Can't wait for the next one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Seb's going to Ferrari. Wahoo!

I can think of nothing better, hopefully my favourite driver (of recent years) can put my favourite team (of all time) back where they should be.

Ferrari have good history with German drivers, and now that Sergio is playing a central role BIG things are happening at Ferrari. :)

Edited by Pashley26

Hmm, I'm not sure how an average driver can turn aroubd a team with an OK car and an underpowered engine, but I'm glad you're happy, lol.

Sergio Marchionne is how.

Vettel has already proven that given the right tools he can do the job.

Sergio Marchionne is now president of Ferrari. And he has singled out the poor performance of the engine as being the largest problem for Ferrari in recent years.

Sergio Marchionne will do ANYTHING to make Ferrari a superpower in F1 again.