Akrigg - Wallride

boon racoon

To be honest dave kindof has a point, I wouldnt be that impressed by someone doing that on a bmx... Infact, I'd almost certainly give that a crack myself, but for some reason the fact he's got big wheels makes it slightly more impressive, even though this should make it easier!

Not sure, it's not even close to vert either, so maybe I'm not that impressed.

Remember the reality of a riding situation seems to be reduced through the medium of photo or video for that matter. I've seen plenty of lines on both, thinking I could nail it no probs, only to come across it first hand and to totally reject my initial thinking...

When I finally spotted the ledge it did look more impressive, to be fair. Plus, in all honesty, I'm all for anything that pushes trials in a new way that doesn't involve cutting the knobbles off his tyres or whatever the latest 'get light quick' trick is.

Says the BMXer who would probably use a drilled titanium belt-buckle if only Federal would produce one... BMXers are just as bad as trials riders surely?!

Nope. I don't particularly go light weight on my bike, although it's ended up being a reasonable weight. Badly cutting out slots in headtubes and actually going to the trouble of cutting knobbles off tyres is slightly different to buying a ti spindle for your cranks or whatever anyway, in that with ti parts you do actually save a decent amount of weight, without compromising the performance of a product, unlike, say, removing grip from your tyre?

f**king truth, if anything you bitches are worse

Not particularly. BMXs are generally lighter now because companies have started to realise people are willing to pay more for a product that's actually designed well. BMX frames used to be super heavy because companies were too f**king lazy to put any R&D work in, and just added more material. Classic example is 2-Hip, who made that 9 pound frame. Parts are getting lighter because companies are making them better.

not real bmxers, only ponces who have skinny saddels, titanium, freecoasters and big bars.

Freecoasters - those would be those hubs that are heavier than almost any cassette available, right? Sounds like a great weight-saving tactic to me ;)

EDIT: Just looked back at this post - sorry if I came across like a dick. I was happy that Akrigg was trying something new, and doing something different, not just slating anyone who wants to make their bike lighter.

i dont mean to sound like an old codger or anything, but why have people been missing the e of the end of side and ride recently? its a sidehop, not a sidehop and a wallride, not a wallrid...

or is it just me who finds it incredibly annoying?

Andrew

i dont mean to sound like an old codger or anything, but why have people been missing the e of the end of side and ride recently? its a sidehop, not a sidehop and a wallride, not a wallrid...

or is it just me who finds it incredibly annoying?

No, it is incredibly. An honest typo SORRY. sidehop (I wrote s i d then!) is the gayest thing to happen to trials in ages besides the tuck.

Edited by boon

fair enough, back on topic, that is a pretty beasty wallride, and im sure he does care about weight, im sure thats another reason for having no brakes and his wheels aren't exactly going to weigh a lot.

No, it is incredibly. An honest typo SORRY. sidehop (I wrote s i d then!) is the gayest thing to happen to trials in ages besides the tuck.

Very true!

haha, just realised that its corrected me in my first post, oh well, i got my point across!

Edited by walker